Do you believe Obama is a Christian?

Do you believe Obama is a Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Big Money

The one thing the president and his family did not do — something they have rarely done since he entered the White House — was attend Christmas church services.

It is very unusual for a president not to attend Christmas services.

Historically, watching the nation’s first family head to church dressed in their Sunday best, especially around the holiday season, was something of a ritual.

Yet Obama’s faith is a more complicated, more private, and perhaps — religious and presidential historians say — a more inclusive affair.

Obama has gone to church 18 times during his nearly five years in the White House, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, an unofficial White House historian, while his predecessor, Mr. Bush, attended 120 times during his eight years in office.

Obama’s religion first garnered national headlines during the 2008 campaign; after sermons by the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. — Obama’s spiritual mentor — included inflammatory remarks, Obama was ultimately forced to renounce the minister and sever ties with the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

People close to the president say that Obama’s spiritual beliefs are profoundly held. In addition to the daily devotional he receives lines of Scripture and quotations from people as wide-ranging as Nina Simone and Johnny Cash.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/29/us/as-the-obamas-celebrate-christmas-rituals-of-faith-stay-on-the-sidelines.html?hpw&rref=politics

I don't think it matters.

It doesn't. And you wouldn't see a thread like this concerning con Messiah reagan, who rarely went to church.

"Ronald Reagan never attended church on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day during his entire eight years in office, for example. That’s reflected in his own diaries and daily schedules, available online through the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Library. In his Christmas Eve diary entry for 1982, Reagan records going to the home of personal friend Charles Z. Wick for dinner, which he says "has become tradition with our families." Reagan’s daily schedule reflects that dinner but no church service. Dinner with the Wick family was the Christmas Eve routine throughout Reagan’s presidency. We checked entries for each Dec. 24 and 25, and there’s no mention of any religious observance."

And then there's dubya:

In a November 14, 2008, Time article, Sullivan noted that "Ronald Reagan didn't go to church at all" and reported that while "[t]he Clintons drove down the street every Sunday to Foundry United Methodist ... George W. Bush never became a regular member of any local church, preferring to worship most often at the chapel at Camp David."

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/a-trifecta-of-nonsense/
http://mediamatters.org/research/2009/05/07/claiming-bush-went-to-church-a-lot-doocy-critic/149929

I personally think he's a secret atheist and just uses religion because it would be impossible to get elected president without going to church once a week in america

It doesn't. And you wouldn't see a thread like this concerning con Messiah reagan, who rarely went to church.

"Ronald Reagan never attended church on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day during his entire eight years in office, for example. That’s reflected in his own diaries and daily schedules, available online through the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Library. In his Christmas Eve diary entry for 1982, Reagan records going to the home of personal friend Charles Z. Wick for dinner, which he says "has become tradition with our families." Reagan’s daily schedule reflects that dinner but no church service. Dinner with the Wick family was the Christmas Eve routine throughout Reagan’s presidency. We checked entries for each Dec. 24 and 25, and there’s no mention of any religious observance."

And then there's dubya:

In a November 14, 2008, Time article, Sullivan noted that "Ronald Reagan didn't go to church at all" and reported that while "[t]he Clintons drove down the street every Sunday to Foundry United Methodist ... George W. Bush never became a regular member of any local church, preferring to worship most often at the chapel at Camp David."

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/a-trifecta-of-nonsense/
http://mediamatters.org/research/2009/05/07/claiming-bush-went-to-church-a-lot-doocy-critic/149929

it matters to the extent that religion can often time shape someones viewpoint on a whole host of matters of public policy.

Doesn't he claim that he is?
Honestly, I dont know. Rev Wright said he believed him to be (or words to that effect). But the Rev knows that no man knows the hesrt of another. Im content to leave this to God.
What I find amusing is lefties going nuts when you point out that by birth right he started out a muslim. And as far as anyone knows or gas said, has never renounced it.
We have far larger issues with this character than this. Perhaps we should focus on those ?
Lets start with the constitutional crisises and stick to thst till its resolved, ok ?

Yet here you are, frantically trying to prove something.

Do you think Obama is a Christian, or not?

I'm not a bit frantic. Yes, I think he's a Christian.

I just think it's funny that Obama gets singled out for doing or not doing the same as his predecessors. And I wonder what those who answered "no" think he is.

Well, not really. They probably think he's a covert Muslim.

Honestly, I dont know. Rev Wright said he believed him to be (or words to that effect). But the Rev knows that no man knows the hesrt of another. Im content to leave this to God.
What I find amusing is lefties going nuts when you point out that by birth right he started out a muslim. And as far as anyone knows or gas said, has never renounced it.
We have far larger issues with this character than this. Perhaps we should focus on those ?
Lets start with the constitutional crisises and stick to thst till its resolved, ok ?

How did he "start out" as a Muslim? I thought he started out as the anti-Christ.

Obama was baptized into the United Church of Christ (UCC) denomination and formally joined it in 1988.[SUP][3][/SUP] He left the UCC in 2008 because of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy.[SUP][4][/SUP] He now worships with a Southern Baptist pastor at Camp David but has not become a formal member of any church since 2008.[SUP][5][/SUP]

I'm not a bit frantic. Yes, I think he's a Christian.

I just think it's funny that Obama gets singled out for doing or not doing the same as his predecessors. And I wonder what those who answered "no" think he is.

Well, not really. They probably think he's a covert Muslim.

ROTFLMAO..."frantically trying to prove something..."

BM's idiot ramblings might be sort of humorous...if only he weren't so pie-faced stupid.

Ah well, what ya gonna do?

Of course Obama's a Christian, but it matters not to chuckleheaded haters like BM who wouldn't accept it as truth if GOD came down from on high and confirmed it Himself.

I personally think he's a secret atheist and just uses religion because it would be impossible to get elected president without going to church once a week in america
Nixon was elected twice and never went to Church. The first four Presidents were deist and did not go to church either.

How did he "start out" as a Muslim? I thought he started out as the anti-Christ.

Obama was baptized into the United Church of Christ (UCC) denomination and formally joined it in 1988.[SUP][3][/SUP] He left the UCC in 2008 because of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy.[SUP][4][/SUP] He now worships with a Southern Baptist pastor at Camp David but has not become a formal member of any church since 2008.[SUP][5][/SUP]

His father was muslim makes him myslim by birth right as I said. If your mom was jewish so would you be by jewish doctrine. Thems the rules like it or not.

Back