Do you believe Obama is a Christian?

Do you believe Obama is a Christian?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
His father was muslim makes him myslim by birth right as I said. If your mom was jewish so would you be by jewish doctrine. Thems the rules like it or not.

It only matters to his father, and his father deserted him. His mom only studied religion as an intellectual pursuit, not as a faith.

IOW, it doesn't matter.

He professes to be a Christian... and just like any other Christian, the rest of the world needs to take him at his word. I have no doubt that he is. He attended worship service regularly at a UCC church in Chicago. I, myself, am a former UCC minister, and having moved to Mexico, I have yet to find a community of faith that I can worship with. that does not stop me from reading my Bible daily and from praying on a daily basis. I did not attend Christmas services here in Mexico... but that does not diminish my faith in the least.

In the final analysis, faith is a deeply personal issue and one that probably needs not be discussed by others.

Absolutely. I didn't care whether Mitt wanted to wear magic underwear or not... his Mormon faith had absolutely NOTHING to do with my vote against him.

I would vote for one, certainly, if they espoused the beliefs of the democratic party platform.... regardless of what sort of weird underwear they wore.

Nixon was elected twice and never went to Church. The first four Presidents were deist and did not go to church either.

well part of what I was saying was hyperbole. As for our founding fathers, yeah it was a different world than it is today.

I think in this current climate, it would be very hard/impossible to win as an open atheist.

:dunno:

I think the only reason most politicians say they are religious is to get votes as atheists can't win above a seat in Congress.

Back