Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO

uscitizen

Villified User

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press Writer

STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) -- In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people - including a pilot, county constable and business owners - insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_UFO_SIGHTINGS?SITE=KYWIN&SECTION=STRANGE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Not familiar with that town. I wonder if it is in RP's district ?
If so it could explain why the people there keep re-electing him.

Ron Paul is an alien plant in our govt ?

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press Writer

STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) -- In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people - including a pilot, county constable and business owners - insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.

Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.

"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."

Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/ODD_UFO_SIGHTINGS?SITE=KYWIN&SECTION=STRANGE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I wouldn't be suprised if they saw something they couldn't identify. Texans have a hard time identifying qualified politicians to send to washington too.

And Lady T...............

I wouldn't be suprised if they saw something they couldn't identify. Texans have a hard time identifying qualified politicians to send to washington too.

has a hard time identifying a realguy...she sleeps with the enemy also.....;)

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times,"
//

be a right winger and be afraid :)

Several dozen people - including a pilot, county constable and business owners - insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast.

Oh, that's convincing.

I've seen the same thing, about a thousand times in the night sky about the Mojave desert. And I'm 100% certain they were jets or military aircraft.

Several dozen people - including a pilot, county constable and business owners - insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast.

Oh, that's convincing.

I've seen the same thing, about a thousand times in the night sky about the Mojave desert. And I'm 100% certain they were jets or military aircraft.

Nah....they had to be UFOs. Anyway, aren't "UFO sightings" just an indicator of the level ignorance of the person who saw the object. Someone somewhere is able to identify them, these Billy Bobs couldn't. End of story.

Oh, that's convincing.

Ohh it cannot be military stuff, didn't you read where they denied it was them ?
;)

would like to help ya...but the secrecy clause gets in the way.........;)

yeah they are not unidentified flying objects if the military knows what they are now are they, even if from an offworld source. Maybe we are going into a galactic economy ? Asshat will love that :D

this is so funny, on so many different levels:

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide.

Kucinich should go campaign there. These people probably laughed at him along with the rest of us when he came out, but now he has an opportunity to say "see, I told you so," and pick up a few extra votes. :shots:

Back