Drive Up Theaters

My dad called them Drive Ups, I do it out of an old habit and sentimentality. I forgot others call them Drive Ins. Thanks for pointing it out.

No disrespect meant...I figured it was something "local"...or sentimental...
I also remind people who call Pepsi "soda" that it's pop...;)

I remember you want a coke?

Sure, I will have a root beer.

That's great for drive ins or ups opening. My honey and I will get some hugging time.

They could stream the audio to phones or car radios so ya don't have use the speaker and wonder how clean it is.

I wonder if they could work out a way to do concerts like that.

But would there be a safe way to have rest rooms?

I remember you want a coke?

Sure, I will have a root beer.

That's great for drive ins or ups opening. My honey and I will get some hugging time.
That Coke thing too;) They're considering drive-in concerts here as well..we shall see;)

Holy fuck I loved drive-in theaters. When I was a teenager, I would hope to see an nude scene from out. :laugh:

Good memories.

Could they make a comeback?

Interesting point. More likely Netflix and other streaming services will see a boom in growth.

FWIW, when I was stationed at NAS Jacksonville in the late 80s, there was a drive-in about 3 miles west of the runway. Television killed the radio star and VCR's killed the drive-in movie theater. Besides switching to flea markets in the day time, another revenue generator this particular drive-in switched to do was playing XXX movies. I was an aircraft commander in an ASW helicopter at the time. Half of our flying was at night. When landing east, we'd line up with this drive-in theater on final approach, slow to less than 50 knots at 500 feet and catch a few scenes before landing. Great use of your tax dollars!

Back