Egypt

This should be interesting. The ppl weren't happy with Mursi, hopefully a more democratic regime will come with this.

How is democracy going to help Egypt when 80%+ of the population believes non-Muslims should be slaughtered? Democracy does nothing for people that lack even a rudimentary understanding of liberty.

How is democracy going to help Egypt when 80%+ of the population believes non-Muslims should be slaughtered? Democracy does nothing for people that lack even a rudimentary understanding of liberty.
How is Democracy going to help our nation when 80% of the population believes Budweiser is the best beer ever made?

How is democracy going to help America when 80%+ of the population are ignorant bigots who think all Muslims shoul be slaughtered? Democracy does nothing for people who hate.

How is democracy going to help America when 80%+ of the population are ignorant bigots who think all Muslims shoul be slaughtered? Democracy does nothing for people who hate.

Are you going to answer my question? Stupid or not, Americans have demonstrated an ability to live in a civilized society... at least for the time being. With a few exceptions here and there, Moslems, by and large, have demonstrated the complete opposite.

Are you going to answer my question? Stupid or not, Americans have demonstrated an ability to live in a civilized society... at least for the time being. With a few exceptions here and there, Moslems, by and large, have demonstrated the complete opposite.

Um, there ARE Muslims who are Americans and get along just fine.

Some of the societies that have lasted for hundreds of years have been Muslim.

The July 11, 2013 issue of The New York Review of Books has an article titled "Recover Submerged Worlds", reviewing books on older Islamic societies (to simplify a great deal). One of them, covering the 600s, talks about "the extent to which, as 'believers', the Muslims entered the settled lands of the Middle East not only as conquerors, but as well-informed and, even, well-disposed participants in contemporary debates between Christians, Jews, and pagans".

Muslims have built civilized societies and have kept them going in the past. The disruptions today are due to a lot of a factors, including actions of the US, including economics, including a whole lot of things. But no, they have not "demonstrated the complete opposite".

We do? Not with uncivilized morons like you.

By far, the majority of muslims are a peaceful people.

Islam was civilized when your ancestors were still picking shit out of their ears and thought taking a bath every day would spread disease. Spare us your religious bigotry. Islam has it's problem, mainly that it's never had the equivelent of a protestant reformation, that has left much of the ME backwards and weak. If there is resentment of the ME towards the west it has unquestionably been earned by western colonialist who exploited the ME for many generations, including the US who sided with the European colonolist and exploited the ME with it's own version of corporate colonialism. So if you think resentment towards the west by the ME is based solely on Islam your an ignorant fool who knows nothing of the history of the region and it's exploitation by the west.

I need Turkey to succeed. My dreams of Ottoman imperialism depend upon it.
The Roman Empire is dead 3D....deal with it but if it makes you feel any better your still a member of the Roman Empires direct descendent, the Roman Catholic Church. :)

Though to be honest most of the Catholic nations outside of Europe are still pretty much backward fuedal societies like most Islamic nations are.

Last edited:
The Roman Empire is dead 3D....deal with it but if it makes you feel any better your still a member of the Roman Empires direct descendent, the Roman Catholic Church. :)

Though to be honest most of the Catholic nations outside of Europe are still pretty much backward fuedal societies like most Islamic nations are.

he said the OTTOMAN empire you dolt...

Islam was civilized when your ancestors were still picking shit out of their ears and thought taking a bath every day would spread disease. Spare us your religious bigotry. Islam has it's problem, mainly that it's never had the equivelent of a protestant reformation, that has left much of the ME backwards and weak. If there is resentment of the ME towards the west it has unquestionably been earned by western colonialist who exploited the ME for many generations, including the US who sided with the European colonolist and exploited the ME with it's own version of corporate colonialism. So if you think resentment towards the west by the ME is based solely on Islam your an ignorant fool who knows nothing of the history of the region and it's exploitation by the west.

Yes, they had their golden age back in the 700-800's and thus far they've been trying to reclaim that time period.

Um, there ARE Muslims who are Americans and get along just fine.

Some of the societies that have lasted for hundreds of years have been Muslim.

The July 11, 2013 issue of The New York Review of Books has an article titled "Recover Submerged Worlds", reviewing books on older Islamic societies (to simplify a great deal). One of them, covering the 600s, talks about "the extent to which, as 'believers', the Muslims entered the settled lands of the Middle East not only as conquerors, but as well-informed and, even, well-disposed participants in contemporary debates between Christians, Jews, and pagans".

Muslims have built civilized societies and have kept them going in the past. The disruptions today are due to a lot of a factors, including actions of the US, including economics, including a whole lot of things. But no, they have not "demonstrated the complete opposite".
Algebra was the last great accomplishment by Muslims.

Well, looks like we have ourselves a genuine coup. Huzzah!/Boo! (delete as applicable)

Morsi out. Transitional military government. New elections sometime in the future.

Back