Elisabeth Hasselbeck getting axed

christiefan915

Catalyst
This probably makes me a bad feminist, but... don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, Elisabeth. :)

"ABC announced View co-host Joy Behar’s decision to leave the morning talk show yesterday, and today Us Weekly reports that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is out of there, too — and it may not be voluntary. The report pointed to market research that claimed people found the conservative Hasselbeck “too extreme and right-wing.” ABC has yet to comment. In the statement about Behar, ABC referred to Hasselbeck as a “valued member of the View” with a “long-term contract.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/08/elisabeth-hasselbeck-the-view-also-leaving/

This probably makes me a bad feminist, but... don't let the screen door hit you on the way out, Elisabeth. :)

"ABC announced View co-host Joy Behar’s decision to leave the morning talk show yesterday, and today Us Weekly reports that Elisabeth Hasselbeck is out of there, too — and it may not be voluntary. The report pointed to market research that claimed people found the conservative Hasselbeck “too extreme and right-wing.” ABC has yet to comment. In the statement about Behar, ABC referred to Hasselbeck as a “valued member of the View” with a “long-term contract.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/08/elisabeth-hasselbeck-the-view-also-leaving/

Joy is a real loss!

How shallow of males, huh. If you like screechy, I guess she is okay.

Well it's a show hosted by four (or five?) women aimed at a female audience. If I am going to sit down and watch TV I don't have the View at the top of my watch list. Maybe that makes me sexist?

If a male tuned into a show because there was an attractive female on it I guess you could argue that makes them shallow. I would argue it just means their human.

Well it's a show hosted by four (or five?) women aimed at a female audience. If I am going to sit down and watch TV I don't have the View at the top of my watch list. Maybe that makes me sexist?

If a male tuned into a show because there was an attractive female on it I guess you could argue that makes them shallow. I would argue it just means their human.

no guy ever watched the view, and no amount of hot women on there would change that.

:rofl2:

"market research that claimed people found the conservative Hasselbeck “too extreme and right-wing.”

Only if they compared her to the liberal cows that surrounded her on the show, otherwise in the real world she was a moderate at best.

How shallow of males, huh. If you like screechy, I guess she is okay.

I rarely watch the show and never paid much attention to her. She seemed okay. But when Obama came along, she put on a tinfoil beanie and spouted every Obama conspiracy going. She was a birther, too.

I checked the demographics of this show before I said anything, and it's a good thing I did. I really thought the main audience was senior women. I was wrong, apparently this show scores very high among the 18-34 and the 18-49 women demographic. This surprises me because I don't know anyone who watches it other than my mother. Personally I don't think it will ever attract a big male audience.

About Hasselbeck, it has nothing to do with her views, IMO. She is a screech. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard and all she does is screech. That's what I call her, screech. She is not intelligent and as far as I know, and this is just from during the 08 campaign when she was pallin around with that Sarah Palin, she picks up every right wing loony position there is. They will need a con, so they better try and dig up one who is at least slightly thoughtful. Now, I know that is like finding a needle in a haystack, but they should really try.

Personally this show to me is awful. I can't stand Whoopi Goldberg, I mean I have actively grown to really dislike her, it's too bad she kept yapping her mouth, because I used to really like her, especially in Ghost. I can't stand barbara walters, that Sheri Sheppard and her dumb act is insulting to women if you ask me, and I guess Joy is okay from what I have seen of her elsewhere. I used to see parts of this show on the Morning Schmo and his drunken ho show, because he was always showing it and crying about poor Elisabeth. But then I couldn't take watching him abuse his drunken moron of a co-host anymore, so now i never see it. Oh and KO used to show some of it too.

Considering Whoopi's infamous quote (I won't go any further than that), I'm not surprised you don't like her. She was awesome in Ghost, though.

Considering Whoopi's infamous quote (I won't go any further than that), I'm not surprised you don't like her. She was awesome in Ghost, though.

I could not even believe that effing bullshit. I read more shockingly dumb comments made by women during that whole thing, then I probably ever have before. You know who made a remark that was just as stupid was Debra Winger. Hers was not only stupid, it was so pretentious like she thought she was a freaking genius or something. Boy would I have loved to have been there when she dropped that one. But yeah, that is what really turned me on Whoopi, and now that I have paid attention, it's not the only stupid thing she has said, by far.

It's funny how far people will go in apology for people they support in the public eye when they have glaring personal problems that are inexcusable.

Back