Elton John in Eugene OR!

Canceled2

Banned
Matthew Knight Arena is presenting Sir Elton John February 17th!

I really want to go and take my oldest daughter for her birthday~

Wow, that's my dad's birthday.

I suppose it would be more convenient for you if he were in Portland instead... :cof1:

Eugene is just 4.5 hrs...totally worth the drive. Apart from Vancouver BC, it is the only west coast venue he'll be at. It's figuring out how to get my daughter up from N CA. and budgeting the 2 bills a ticket before they sell out~

Well, if your daughter's in NorCal, then Eugene is actually a good locale. If you were both in Seattle, then Vancouver BC would be the superior locale.

Well, if your daughter's in NorCal, then Eugene is actually a good locale. If you were both in Seattle, then Vancouver BC would be the superior locale.

Yeah but the tickets are much more pricey in BC. I am just gonna have a hope and a prayer I can pull it off!

I am an avid EJ fan... I've been to see him 4 times, which is more than I've seen any performer in concert. Only once, was I disappointed in the show.

It isn't just anyone I'd be willing to pay to see...Elton John isn't just anyone...he is just an incredible and brilliant talent~

:clink:

Everyone my age knows that one, because The Lion King was one of the more profound experiences of my generation.

My two faves are Rocket Man and Daniel with Your Song as a major contender...though I love all his music

For you~ Merry Christmas!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_nXlvY6Io&feature=related"]YouTube - Can you feel the love tonight - Elton John (Lyrics)[/ame]

Its pretty seldom that we have big names out here. I've never seen EJ in concert, but damned if I wouldn't love to. There's just no big venues out here.

Every now and then we get thrown a bone, but its rare a bone I'm particularly fond of. Well, Dave Matthews was nice at the Shell, Sting, and Robin Williams, but 3 decent acts in the entire state in 4 years?

I figured people would love to come out here, but I guess the money's not there.

Its pretty seldom that we have big names out here. I've never seen EJ in concert, but damned if I wouldn't love to. There's just no big venues out here.

Every now and then we get thrown a bone, but its rare a bone I'm particularly fond of. Well, Dave Matthews was nice at the Shell, Sting, and Robin Williams, but 3 decent acts in the entire state in 4 years?

I figured people would love to come out here, but I guess the money's not there.

I have not been to a concert in years! This one has 3 ingredients that make it desirable-artist, timing, and location~ Elton John is one of the very few I'd pay this kind of money to see...

You'll have to time one of your mainland visits to a venue you'd enjoy?

sorry to rain on everyone's parade

eugene or, is a shithole

that is all

Eugene OR is not a shit hole... You have heard of Ducks football right?

eugene-oregon.jpg

university-oregon-matthew-knight-arena.jpg

Mathew Knight Arena

Last edited:
I am an avid EJ fan... I've been to see him 4 times, which is more than I've seen any performer in concert. Only once, was I disappointed in the show.

You are indeed a lucky man! I think the most epic concert I was at was Bowie with a guest appearence by Peter Frampton.

So hinting to my daughter yesterday about Elton John I discovered it might not be epic enough for her...IMAGINE THAT! Though If I surpised her with a trip up here and the show she'd have fun...but I am looking for an epic adventure/event and it has to be a surprise...any ideas? It cannot involve jumping from an airplane that was my other daughters surprise...and I did not have to participate apart from financing it!

Back