Emo thread

That could be because it was a joke. Don't take yourself too seriously and get all EMO on me again.

If there is one thing that EMO's aren't about, it's love and understanding and pity for the things around you. It's a whole bunch of pity for yourself. Maybe a little for others. BUt also, a lot of people who think it's really cool to be depressed and hate "preps".

Someone has seriously adulterated the genre formerly known as emocore. There used to be really great bands that played hardcore-punk music, with lyrics that were more personal than political, and sometimes about introspection and emotion. Bands such as Embrace, Rites of Spring, Split Lip, Endpoint, Falling Forward, and others.

This bullshit about sitting at home and loathing your tortured, demure suburban existence has nothing to do with the emo bands that I used to be into. I dunno wtf that shit is about.

Someone has seriously adulterated the genre formerly known as emocore. There used to be really great bands that played hardcore-punk music, with lyrics that were more personal than political, and sometimes about introspection and emotion. Bands such as Embrace, Rites of Spring, Split Lip, Endpoint, Falling Forward, and others.

This bullshit about sitting at home and loathing your tortured, demure suburban existence has nothing to do with the emo bands that I used to be into. I dunno wtf that shit is about.
Yeah, but Watermark is the resident expert supposedly.

I told him before there was more to EMO than he thought there was. But heck, he was "emo" when he was 14...

*sigh*

I'm not sure about the relative evolution of 'Emo' but i certainly remember the works of 'Embrace' (Get Back to What You Know, Take Everything Real Slow) and that's not what i'd associate with modern-day Emo. I think the Emo movement requires the independent scrutiny of some university academics with a grant from central government to settle this hoo-ha once and for all.

Yeah, but Watermark is the resident expert supposedly.

I told him before there was more to EMO than he thought there was. But heck, he was "emo" when he was 14...

*sigh*

It's just that you seem to believe Emo's are bleeding heart liberals. While both are equally easy to make fun of, they aren't the same as one another at all.

I'm not sure about the relative evolution of 'Emo' but i certainly remember the works of 'Embrace' (Get Back to What You Know, Take Everything Real Slow) and that's not what i'd associate with modern-day Emo. I think the Emo movement requires the independent scrutiny of some university academics with a grant from central government to settle this hoo-ha once and for all.

Excellent! Let us institute a new tax and fund it! That will do two good things - clear up the elmo controversy once and for all, and drive the libertarians crazy...err, crazier I mean.

However, on the fifth anniversary of Columbine, the FBI's lead Columbine investigator and several psychiatrists went public with their conclusions in a news article.[27] There they argued Harris was a clinical psychopath and Klebold was depressive. They believed the plan was masterminded by Harris, who they thought had a messianic-level superiority complex and hoped to illustrate his massive superiority to the world.

Back