Even Sarbanes and Oxley are Critical of Sarbanes-Oxley

TheDanold

Unimatrix
"Controversial from the start, SOX came to be despised by many businessmen in America (and beyond, where it has touched big foreign firms). Even its authors have reservations, conceding that its hasty passage into law meant it was badly drafted in parts. “Frankly, I would have written it differently,” Michael Oxley, one of the former congressmen who drafted the act said in March. He added that the same was true of his co-author, Paul Sarbanes."

The charges levelled against SOX are numerous and serious. Top of the list is the price of compliance. It soon became clear that the costs of implementing SOX's provisions, particularly section 404, far exceeded the modest sums initially predicted. The act is now widely regarded as a licence for audit firms to print money—ironic in that it was these fee-driven firms that, arguably, encouraged the lax accounting that led to the legislation.

Beyond its immediate price-tag, SOX stands accused of undermining America's entrepreneurial spirit. Barely a year after it became law, William Donaldson, then chairman of the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), wondered if by unleashing “batteries of lawyers across the country” the legislation would lead to a “loss of risk-taking zeal” due to a “huge preoccupation with the dangers and risks of making the slightest mistake”. Others argue that the act has backfired. Rather than restore confidence in public companies, they claim, it has weakened America's stockmarkets, by driving domestic firms into the arms of private-equity buyers and prompting foreign firms to list their shares elsewhere.
http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9545905

What a disaster, this is the biggest lag on the US economy, it needs to be repealed and the sooner the better or America will continue to lose out more to other countries going in the less regulation direction in the future.

You don't need a lobbyist to realize the law has had serious effects on businesses and changes need to be made.
It's an absurd comment by usedcitizen, I mean does he really think that when Oxley and Sarbanes are critical over their own bill that they are lobbyists?

It's an absurd comment by usedcitizen, I mean does he really think that when Oxley and Sarbanes are critical over their own bill that they are lobbyists?

I think he forgot to heed his own advice and "think a lit bit" before responding.

My office has been flooded with auditors since the law passed. I could go into all the problems with it but I'll spare you the details. As you can imagine it has been quite a mess.

Yeah cuz it is way harder to cut/paste a whole article and post 2 original lines under it.

LOL
Blackflag to the rescue!
Seriously I did read the article, highlighted what I thought mattered and so on. Yeah it's not a lot but this isn't my life here, I won't write a lot if I don't need to.

Blackflag to the rescue!
Seriously I did read the article, highlighted what I thought mattered and so on. Yeah it's not a lot but this isn't my life here, I won't write a lot if I don't need to.

But you have no problem being a hypocrite. LOL

But you have no problem being a hypocrite. LOL

If I may argue on Dano's behalf he is not being a hypocrite. Yes, in this thread his initial post was only two lines but a majority of posts are not and agree or disagree with him he will spell out his positions.

A large majority of uscitizens posts are of the one to two line variety and that is what Dano commented on.

Not hypocritical imho.

If I may argue on Dano's behalf he is not being a hypocrite. Yes, in this thread his initial post was only two lines but a majority of posts are not and agree or disagree with him he will spell out his positions.

A large majority of uscitizens posts are of the one to two line variety and that is what Dano commented on.

Not hypocritical imho.

You mean like this one liner? LOL

http://justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=4726

Not hypocritical imho.
Bingo, that's exactly what I was going to say! One-liners is all uscitizen does, my posts vary.

You weren't over on fullpolitics.com were you?

I like that you make yourself laugh so much. The world would be a better place if people laughed more.

Notice I said a majority in my post. I believe he has more than one post on this board.

I think Dano wants to be your "Rainbow" friend.

Back