Ex-Cheney aide gets 10 years in prison in spy case

I am just going by what is in the story Damo, you are the one being a Cheny apologist.
GASP!
I agree with Damo on this, and I certainly do not apologize for anything that Chenny has done. but like it says, "Give the devil his due" Too many times, partisanship causes many of you to give the devil his UN-do. That's the case here.

You don't have to exagerate tiny things to find fault with either Chenny or Bush. There is plenty of reality with which to charge each of them

Last edited:
Don the point is that only Cheneys name was mentioned in the article and Damo tried to spin it off on Gore, whose name was not mentioned at all.

Don the point is that only Cheneys name was mentioned in the article and Damo tried to spin it off on Gore, whose name was not mentioned at all.
The point was that they spent their time talking about he was a "Cheney Aide" and didn't mention that Cheney never hired him and how long he had worked there.

Right... And there is no spin in the media.

Honestly, if an R were writing the story it likely would have sounded something like this:

The Administration catches and indicts a spy who worked with the former Clinton administration.

Everybody here would have been saying that it was biased and inaccurate because they guy worked for six months in Cheney's office before he was caught.

Rs would be all over it like stink on Sandy Berger's excuses for taking information, hiding it on a construction site, then destroying it.

The dude takes classified documents from Cheney's office, and uses Cheney's fax machine to send them to the phillipines , but Gore is supposed to share the blame?

:lolup:

:D

Spin is spin.
Maybe the article is spin, but I cannot tell that I just have that one article to go on. And so did Damo, but he came to a conclusion that was contrary to or not included in the article.

I will welcome any articles with more or conflicting info on this issue.

:D

Spin is spin.
Maybe the article is spin, but I cannot tell that I just have that one article to go on. And so did Damo, but he came to a conclusion that was contrary to or not included in the article.

I will welcome any articles with more or conflicting info on this issue.
No, I came to a conclusion that the article does not provide information. I provided it.

It is weak indeed and disingenuous to pretend that it matters little that he worked for three years with another administration before being caught by this one. But it seems to be salient information, at the least, to the story.

The dude takes classified documents from Cheney's office, and uses Cheney's fax machine to send them to the phillipines , but Gore is supposed to share the blame?

:lolup:

LOL, I know.

Sorry Damo. That excuse isn't flying. The article does not say, "Al Gore's office" it states, "A former White House official who took top secret documents from U.S. Vice President ... Cheney's office"

How exactly can that be Al Gore's office?

Damo means that he could have started doing it under Gore, and only got caught while under Cheney.

However, there is no indication of that, so I'm not sure what evidence he is seeing, other than, well the article did not state, after a exhaustive investigation, authorities have determined that the man in question did not take top secret documents while Gore was VP.

Damo means that he could have started doing it under Gore, and only got caught while under Cheney.

However, there is no indication of that, so I'm not sure what evidence he is seeing, other than, well the article did not state, after a exhaustive investigation, authorities have determined that the man in question did not take top secret documents while Gore was VP.

that was my entire point.

There seems to be a problem with security at VP CHENEY'S office

First, a CIA agent gets outed. Then this.

The article did not state that the guy even worked for Gore, I am almost positive that nobody here even knew it until I mentioned it.

No, I came to a conclusion that the article does not provide information. I provided it.

It is weak indeed and disingenuous to pretend that it matters little that he worked for three years with another administration before being caught by this one. But it seems to be salient information, at the least, to the story.

But Damo, VP Gore's office was subject to Inspections and oversight on Classified Documents...

But come to think of it, Cheney's office was complying with oversight on top secret/classified documentation handling too, until 2003... so this guy was probably CAUGHT because of this oversite...don't ya think?

If this is the case and oversight caught him, why would Cheney want to eliminate his office from this oversight from 2003 onward, when it could be a good tool in catching spies?

The article did not state that the guy even worked for Gore, I am almost positive that nobody here even knew it until I mentioned it.

The article was clear, by listing the years he held the job Damo?

Aragoncillo worked on the security detail assigned to the vice president from 1999 to 2002, where he held a top security clearance. He later took a job as an intelligence analyst with the FBI in New Jersey.

Why mention it if it was shown to have happened while Shooter was in office. Unless of course one wants to spin the story.

Last edited:
Why mention it if it was shown to have happened while Shooter was in office. Unless of course one wants to spin the story.
The likelihood that it never happened before Cheney took office is extremely small.

But I was wrong, the article did mention it.

And Damo admits to adding information.
You can't get out of this one Damo. sorry.
What? To providing information, not making up information. The thread, of course, has a partisan bent to it. I just look at the likelihood that he only spied during the last 6 months he was in the office. I find it highly unlikely.

Back