Fantasy Football

There are 14 teams, and I have no idea what the rules are to this effect.

It's an ESPN league, if that helps.

A lot of leagues give points for TD's only..some give a point per reception...it rewards prolific WR's, and RB's who also catch balls out of the backfield.

I checked and ESPN isn't a PPR league.

Matt Stafford
Matt Shaub

Ray Rice
Darren Sproles
Willis McGahee
Trent Richardson

Victor Cruz
Antonio Brown
A.J. Green
Julio Jones

Fred Davis
Jermichael Finley

Billy Cundiff

Dallas D

Hopefully Richardson will recover quickly and fully from his injury. It will be nice to see what he can pull off in his rookie season.

Okay, so the Packers don't want to hand the ball to Cedric Benson, who gave me a whopping 1 Fantasy Point. Luckily, one of my positions is an either/or RB/RB, and I have Nate Burleson on the bench, who, had I played him, would have been worth 18 Fantasy Points to me. I will be swapping them out for next week, as Rodgers and the Packers will probably have a much better outing.

That just leaves Fred Jackson as the other player who did jack for me, also delivering a solo Fantasy Point. However, he left early with a bad ankle, and the Bills had a rough outing in general. I will keep track of his health, and hope he does better.

I am on my way to a victory in Week One, as my opponent has received all of his points, and I have him 105-94, with both Antonio Gates and the Ravens yet to play. ESPN thinks I can come away with 126 points. Luckily, even though I got screwed starting Benson over Burleson, my opponent forgot to bench LaMichael James, who is injured and did not play at all.

One thing that makes me cringe - I had Brady and he has Rodgers. Brady won, and NE scored 10 more points than GB, but Rodgers secured my opponent two more Fantasy Points than Brady secured for me.

I think two other players (out of a total of 14) are projected to outscore me this week. That isn't too bad, considering two of my players sucked.

Thank God for David Akers and 16 Fantasy Points for kicking!!

:woot:

Here's my points thus far:

QB: Tom Brady -- 17
RB: Frank Gore -- 20
RB: Fred Jackson-- 1
RB: Cedric Benson -- 1
WR: Andre Johnson -- 25
WR: Lance Moore -- 24
TE: Antonio Gates -- Not Yet Played
K: David Akers -- 16
D: Baltimore Ravens -- Not Yet Played

My score is 104, and ESPN projects Gates and the Ravens will bring me up to 126.

If I were to have Nate Burleson as a third WR instead of Cedric Benson as a third RB, my total would be 121 instead of 104, with a projected total of 143. Both are Packers, and I will say that Rodgers being a passing QB bodes well for Burleson, just as Moore being a WR for Brees bodes well for him.

Now I just have to hope that Jackson improves next week, and that the Niners keep having to kick field goals.

I dropped my back-up kicker and picked up Kevin Ogletree. If he has another solid week against Seattle, I might consider bringing him up as my third WR over Burleson and Jones. Once Fred Jackson comes back, I will swap him back in for Benson, unless Benson continues to improve every week, and I can drop Frank Gore to the bench...

Back