Fattest State Competition?

Thorn

Well, Mississippi may have been named the "Fattest State" recently, but it looks as though Texas is trying to give MS a run for its money. I feel nauseous just reading this!

Deep fried cookie dough tops State Fair food offerings

Associated Press - September 3, 2007 11:16 PM ET

DALLAS (AP) - Oh sure, it sounds like deep-frying cookie dough would be a cinch, but Abel Gonzales says there's more to it than meets the fryer.

For one thing, Gonzales says the dough has to be made from scratch. Store-bought dough is too sweet, he says. And don't even get him started on toppings.

All that thought and effort paid off for Gonzales today, though. His deep-fried cookie dough has been named the best-tasting fried food created for the upcoming State Fair of Texas.

It's the third year in a row Gonzales has been honored. Last year, his fried Coke earned him an appearance on the NBC program "Today" and was mimicked by fry cooks at other state fairs.

Fried food has been synonymous with the State Fair of Texas since the 1940s and the introduction of the corny dog, the iconic hot dog dipped in batter and deep fried.

To encourage variety, fair officials three years ago started a contest among concessionaires to see who could whip up the tastiest and the most creative fried fare. There's no cash prize for winners of the Big Tex Choice Awards, but they get free publicity before the fair starts September 28th.

Well, Mississippi may have been named the "Fattest State" recently, but it looks as though Texas is trying to give MS a run for its money. I feel nauseous just reading this!

Deep fried cookie dough tops State Fair food offerings

Associated Press - September 3, 2007 11:16 PM ET

DALLAS (AP) - Oh sure, it sounds like deep-frying cookie dough would be a cinch, but Abel Gonzales says there's more to it than meets the fryer.

For one thing, Gonzales says the dough has to be made from scratch. Store-bought dough is too sweet, he says. And don't even get him started on toppings.

All that thought and effort paid off for Gonzales today, though. His deep-fried cookie dough has been named the best-tasting fried food created for the upcoming State Fair of Texas.

It's the third year in a row Gonzales has been honored. Last year, his fried Coke earned him an appearance on the NBC program "Today" and was mimicked by fry cooks at other state fairs.

Fried food has been synonymous with the State Fair of Texas since the 1940s and the introduction of the corny dog, the iconic hot dog dipped in batter and deep fried.

To encourage variety, fair officials three years ago started a contest among concessionaires to see who could whip up the tastiest and the most creative fried fare. There's no cash prize for winners of the Big Tex Choice Awards, but they get free publicity before the fair starts September 28th.

When you first read this, it is easy to get the impression that Alberto Gonzolazes finally got a job he's qualified for.

Pretty gross though.

When you first read this, it is easy to get the impression that Alberto Gonzolazes finally got a job he's qualified for.

Pretty gross though.

He he!

Fried cookie dough and fried Twinkies two things I will never try! Gross, and gag me!

Who the fuck eats this shit? I may be pickling my liver through alcohol, but thats a damned sight better than stuffing this nuclear waste into my gut.

It sounds spectacular. And if I was 20 with a souped up metabolism I think I'd give it a go.

I wouldn't. That stuff would clog my heart just from looking at it. Just reading it makes feel like I need my stomach pumped.

In KY Wally world had to put sideboards on the electric carts to keep the flab from getting caught in the wheels.
They sort of plop out of their pickup waddle inside puffing and sweating profusely and just ooze onto the electric cart to buy some more doughnuts and beer.

Last edited:
Out here in AZ we have Indian Fry Bread, a big flat hunk of dough fried in lard and smeared with powdered sugar and honey. oh my heart hurts. But I want just one more before it kills me.

Im not racists and I respect all people but theres a tribe of Indians out here called the Pima tribe, it stands for Pounds In Massive Amounts. I got that from a Navajo so dont blame me.

Out here in AZ we have Indian Fry Bread, a big flat hunk of dough fried in lard and smeared with powdered sugar and honey. oh my heart hurts. But I want just one more before it kills me.

Im not racists and I respect all people but theres a tribe of Indians out here called the Pima tribe, it stands for Pounds In Massive Amounts. I got that from a Navajo so dont blame me.

Those sound something like the Italian Zeppole that you usually find at italian street fairs and festivals in NY. And pizza places have them. Just fried dough and powdered sugar, no honey. Honey was probably considered too healthy. This is one of the many reasons why, growing up observing the Italian side of my family, I never, not even once, dated or got involved with an italian guy. These guys balloon up by the age of 26, and I mean, fat, not chubby, not a little beer belly...we are talking bow-legged waddlers. Plus, they don't last long. Heart attacks.

In KY Wally world had to put sideboards on the electric carts to keep the flab from getting caught in the wheels.
They sort of plop out of their pickup waddle inside puffing and sweating profusely and just ooze onto the electric cart to buy some more doughnuts and beer.

usc, what is wally world? An amusement park or grocery store?

So Texas is finally jumping on the Scotch deep-fried bandwagon, eh?

In Scotchland they deep-fry everything. The deep-fried 'Mars' bar has long been a local delicacy, rivalled by the upstart that is the deep-fried 'Snickers' bar. Deep-fried pizza is also said to be popular and deep-fried heroin is a must for any tourist after a stimulating tour of Glasgow's crime-scenes.

All of the above and more. It is asshats fav place to shop.
aka Wall Mart.

LOL Walmart! Ok, got it. I feel like a real idiot now. lol.

I don't shop in Walmart for several reasons, but once I went to Kmart for my mom, because she had to have something that they had on sale, blah blah. So anyway, I am in there, and never have I seen so many fat people pushing wagons filled with shit, and boy can they move! I was scared shitless. I got out of there so fast it wasn't even funny, and I have not been back.

So Texas is finally jumping on the Scotch deep-fried bandwagon, eh?

In Scotchland they deep-fry everything. The deep-fried 'Mars' bar has long been a local delicacy, rivalled by the upstart that is the deep-fried 'Snickers' bar. Deep-fried pizza is also said to be popular and deep-fried heroin is a must for any tourist after a stimulating tour of Glasgow's crime-scenes.

I just can't get over that deep fried mars and snickers bar thing. But i have heard of it. And deep fried pizza, wow. Pizza is perfect just the way it is. That's a sin. In Brooklyn they would kick the shit out of you for that you know.

Back