Favorite Spicy Food

Favorite Spicy Food

• Total voters
I make a spicy ragu served on fresh homemade linquine that will scorch your shorts. I use scotch bonnets in making the ragu and I serve it like follows.

Pour a tbsp of olive oil in a hot skillet. Add two cayene peppers and sautee peppers till oil is infused. Remove peppers and add a tsp of chili paste, add 6 oz of cooked pasta and toss, add ragu sauce and toss in skillet until heated through.

I know it's probably considered culinary heresy but I'll have a jug of cold milk on hand as "the cure" so I can keep on torturing myself. This is not for the faint of heart!
Milk doesn't work as well as chocolate milk. But if you think that is spicy you are an amateur.

Milk doesn't work as well as chocolate milk. But if you think that is spicy you are an amateur.
That's true about chocolate milk......but I can only be so much of a culinary philistine....and how would you know how spicey it is? You've never tried it? Besides, spare me the machismo. My goal is to make it hot enough to make you sweat. Not be inedible.

That's true about chocolate milk......but I can only be so much of a culinary philistine....and how would you know how spicey it is? You've never tried it? Besides, spare me the machismo. My goal is to make it hot enough to make you sweat. Not be inedible.
It isn't "machismo" I can tell by what peppers you used and your ingredients that this would not make me sweat.

Earlier I listed a chili recipe that I think is excellent, because of the flavor. I would guarantee that it far outreaches the spicy here. Do you think that Mexicans that eat food you think is overly spicy are eating it because of "machismo"? Seriously, dude. It isn't "machismo" I like the flavor of spicier peppers.

When I first started eating spicy food stuff that I eat now would have had no flavor, it just would have been "hot", but now it isn't "hot" anymore and I like it for the flavor.

It isn't "machismo" I can tell by what peppers you used and your ingredients that this would not make me sweat.

Earlier I listed a chili recipe that I think is excellent, because of the flavor. I would guarantee that it far outreaches the spicy here. Do you think that Mexicans that eat food you think is overly spicy are eating it because of "machismo"? Seriously, dude. It isn't "machismo" I like the flavor of spicier peppers.

When I first farted spicy food stuff that I eat now I like it for the flavor.

fixed!

When I first started eating spicy food stuff that I eat now would have had no flavor, it just would have been "hot", but now it isn't "hot" anymore and I like it for the flavor.
You're nuts Damo and your full of shit. Have you ever tried Scotch Bonnets? There pretty much identical to habenaros in taste and heat (they have the same scoville unit rating). I've made the same recipe with habenaros when scotch bonnets weren't available. NO DIFFERANCE! If you can eat this recipe with out sweating....you have an asbestos lined alimentary canal!!!

To be honest with you, if you understood cooking, you'd know I don't add the chili paste or the cayenne peppers for heat. Hell their heat is completely over whelmed by the scotch bonnets. I add those to balance out the chili flavor. Other wise you have a dish that sings a single note. Rookie!

You're nuts Damo and your full of shit. Have you ever tried Scotch Bonnets? There pretty much identical to habenaros in taste and heat (they have the same scoville unit rating). I've made the same recipe with habenaros when scotch bonnets weren't available. NO DIFFERANCE! If you can eat this recipe with out sweating....you have an asbestos lined alimentary canal!!!

To be honest with you, if you understood cooking, you'd know I don't add the chili paste or the cayenne peppers for heat. Hell their heat is completely over whelmed by the scotch bonnets. I add those to balance out the chili flavor. Other wise you have a dish that sings a single note. Rookie!
Then I have an asbestos lined alimentary canal.

It does sound like it would taste good as far as that would go.

Then I have an asbestos lined alimentary canal.

It does sound like it would taste good as far as that would go.
I also do a toned down version with shrimp.

Take about 1/2 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined. Bread them in parmesian cheese and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Fry shrimp in olive oil till cooked through. Set aside. Then saute, in olive oil, some garlic, basil, cracked red pepper, chili paste and some anchovy fillets. Add about 1lb of cooked pasta, the shrimp and toss in the pan till heated through. You may have to drizzle some more olive oil over it and then garnish with some more parm and some parsley.

Now that's the basic recipe. You can certainly kick it up with your own blend of peppers. It makes a good side with a fish dish like pecan encrusted tilapia or panco coated sea bass, etc. Since fish has a delicate flavor, I don't recommend kicking it up to much. If you serve it with a beef dish, skies the limit. Beef is pretty robust and it won't detract from it.

Back