Fayetteville, NC

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
Just flew-in for a one week class on Ft Bragg. Then I return in two months for a two week class. Now I just need to locate some food quickly.

Oh I'd say the opposite. It very much and uniquely represents the low end of North Carolina. Still you can get some kick ass BBQ there. I'm reasonably sure it's better than any BBQ in the NW. Just remember to go heavy on the vinegar or mustard base sauce. You'll immediately be identified as a Yankee if you just sprinkle some on but, as always, taste it first before you add any sauce.

Well I finished my course. They dumped a month worth of info on us in four days and I passed the test this morning. My head hurts from all that, and I'm getting Thai food. My whole week has been continental breakfast, fast food, shoppette food, and schoolhouse junk food. Tonight I will find someplace with alcohol. The course I will be flying back for in two months is two weeks and much harder.

I'm stuck at Charlotte International amid lovely stormy weather. I was supposed to be in Fayetteville over three hours ago. Luckily, the Hertz is staying open for as, as multiple passengers have rentals to pick-up.

American Airlines has been offering passengers on several flights up to $1000 in vouchers plus overnight lodging to depart in the morning. They haven't yet had to call in United to rough anyone up.

Anyway, I'm looking to begin my next training course early tomorrow morning.

I can't believe what a crappy flight itinerary I got stuck with. My flight out of Fayetteville wasn't until 11:25. Then a two hour layover in Charlotte. Now a four hour layover at O'Hare. Thank Zeus that I'm not flying United, because those Chicago PD goons a fearsome. Anyway, I'm not going to arrive at SeaTac until 10:35.

How's everyone else's Saturday? I'm currently spending mine with Sam Adams, but there's also a trip to Goose Island in my future.

Back