Fayetteville, NC

The Army CWO-3, and the Marine GySgt to the far left of the photo are two of the most entertaining troops you will ever encounter. Helped keep me awake during extremely dull material.

Just drive around till you see some hole in the wall dive BBQ joint. You won't be disappointed.

Yup. Before my last trip to France and Britain, I hosted a Passport training seminar at our Training Center in Charleston. Spent a couple days in Myrtle Beach. Had some great bbq and the best fish ever.

I find it amusing how Moot thinks he's an expert on everything, and now that includes my great North State. LOL

Happily, Fayetteville does not represent my state. In fact "down East" anywhere, of which most Yankees are familiar, doesn't. Just like Asheville doesn't represent the state, or the Piedmont represent the state. Each geographical region is very different from the rest.

And for the record, I do in fact live in the beautiful Yadkin Valley. This is the heart of the western Piedmont, the rolling hills below the great Appalachians. Daniel Boone was born here, and the river was named after a fellow explorer. From where Boone was born, follow the river upstream about 100 miles to it's headwaters in what is now Blowing Rock, then continue west, downhill a few miles to the city named after Boone. The river was their route to the West and new territory to be discovered.

I also have the great fortune of owning a small parcel of land in the Blue Ridge, closer to Boone than Asheville. I built a cabin there back in 05 and plan to retire there. Some day.

I find it amusing how Moot thinks he's an expert on everything, and now that includes my great North State. LOL

Happily, Fayetteville does not represent my state. In fact "down East" anywhere, of which most Yankees are familiar, doesn't. Just like Asheville doesn't represent the state, or the Piedmont represent the state. Each geographical region is very different from the rest.

And for the record, I do in fact live in the beautiful Yadkin Valley. This is the heart of the western Piedmont, the rolling hills below the great Appalachians. Daniel Boone was born here, and the river was named after a fellow explorer. From where Boone was born, follow the river upstream about 100 miles to it's headwaters in what is now Blowing Rock, then continue west, downhill a few miles to the city named after Boone. The river was their route to the West and new territory to be discovered.

I also have the great fortune of owning a small parcel of land in the Blue Ridge, closer to Boone than Asheville. I built a cabin there back in 05 and plan to retire there. Some day.

I heard North Carolina's become a gay mecca. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Which one is you?

http://getmale.com/meet/man/North-Carolina/Cumberland-County

Well that's easy. The first thing to know about boats is they cost a lot of money.

The Army CWO and the GySgt both make it a point to say "boats" as often as possible to annoy the sailors. The Gunny had a lot of nice AF digs as well, like, "be back from chow at Air Force time, 1:30. That's 1330 for the rest of you!"

Back