FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
WASHINGTON—Stressing that such an action would be highly reckless, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States.

“Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,” said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups.

“If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.”

At press time, Wray confirmed the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies were unaware of any wrongdoing for violating constitutional rights.

WASHINGTON—Stressing that such an action would be highly reckless, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States.

“Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,” said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups.

“If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.”

At press time, Wray confirmed the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies were unaware of any wrongdoing for violating constitutional rights.

GOOD - I hope it totally undermines the "faith" that the public has in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States.

Because maybe - JUST MAYBE - they'll stop being uncontrollable and more accountable.

The TRULY funny thing is that if any of the nonsense being done by this incompetent boor of a president, his minions and sycophants in the Republican Party, and the people still supporting him...

...were being done by a Democratic Party president and the people supporting him/her...

...the Republican base would be turning purple with indignation and contempt.

If a Democratic Party president were trashing the FBI, the CIA, the Intelligence Community...you American conservatives would be apoplectic.

The hypocrisy of the American right...is making a mockery of our nation, its traditions, and the ideals upon which it was born. You should all be ashamed of yourself. The fact that you cannot work up the courage and integrity to be ashamed...and to desist...is a greater indictment of you than anything said by your most ardent detractors.

Just sayin'!

The TRULY funny thing is that if any of the nonsense being done by this incompetent boor of a president, his minions and sycophants in the Republican Party, and the people still supporting him...

...were being done by a Democratic Party president and the people supporting him/her...

If a Democratic Party president were trashing the FBI, the CIA, the Intelligence Community...you American conservatives would be apoplectic.

The hypocrisy of the American right...is making a mockery of our nation, its traditions, and the ideals upon which it was born. You should all be ashamed of yourself. The fact that you cannot work up the courage and integrity to be ashamed...and to desist...is a greater indictment of you than anything said by your most ardent detractors.

Just sayin'!

depends on whether its true or not.....we may know by this time tomorrow.....by then it may be clear that its a greater indictment of McCabe.......

We will not know if this memo is true or not since important facts are NOT included. Sad day for America. FACTS MATTER!

depends on whether its true or not.....we may know by this time tomorrow.....by then it may be clear that its a greater indictment of McCabe.......

If WHAT is true?

If we find out that McCabe has a bias for or against Donald Trump...or for or against Hillary Clinton...

...what will we know?

Just about every reasonable, intelligent citizen of the United States...HAS a bias for or against both of those people. People who do not are probably near brain-dead.

My guess: Every FBI agent has a bias for or against both of those people.

That does not mean they cannot do their job reasonably and fairly.

No it will confirm it. But it also demonstrates that a new sherrif is trying to restore integrity. And thats a good thing.

If WHAT is true?

If we find out that McCabe has a bias for or against Donald Trump...or for or against Hillary Clinton...

...what will we know?

Just about every reasonable, intelligent citizen of the United States...HAS a bias for or against both of those people. People who do not are probably near brain-dead.

My guess: Every FBI agent has a bias for or against both of those people.

That does not mean they cannot do their job reasonably and fairly.

whatever it is that the the demmycrats think will do irreparable harm to the FBI.....

Just sayin'!

Sure they were and it's amazing that with all your ability to foresee what others would do, that you still supported Hillary. :D

whatever it is that the the demmycrats think will do irreparable harm to the FBI.....

Forgetting that childish "demmycrats"...

...you are actually saying that although the chiefs of just about every Intelligence agency (and former chiefs) have indicated the possibility of compromising means and methods of intelligence gathering...

...you want to wait to see if it happens rather than being prudent!

Okay. If allegiance to your Dear Leader requires that of you...I guess you have to go with it.

With your side in control...our nation is in great peril.

and if it is falsifying a FISA warrant, is that reasonable and fair?......

We do not know if they did...and after the report is released...WE STILL WILL NOT KNOW.

Almost everyone except Trump and his toadies in congress have indicated that the release is going to contain cherry picked, misleading information.

Sure they were and it's amazing that with all your ability to foresee what others would do, that you still supported Hillary. :D

Who did I vote for, Mr. USFREEDOME?

Hummm?

Since you want to comment on my ability to "foresee"...tell me: Who did I vote for in this last election?

And give me some idea of how you know?

Who did I vote for, Mr. USFREEDOME?

Hummm?

Since you want to comment on my ability to "foresee"...tell me: Who did I vote for in this last election?

And give me some idea of how you know?

From your posts, it's apparent that you voted for Hillary; Frank Asperger.

Didn't your crystal ball tell you that? :D

From your posts, it's apparent that you voted for Hillary; Frank Asperger.

Didn't your crystal ball tell you that? :D

So what you are saying is that you do not know...even though you asserted,

Sure they were and it's amazing that with all your ability to foresee what others would do, that you still supported Hillary.

In my "posts"...I have identified myself as an INDEPENDENT. Yeah...a registered Independent.

So I would ask again: Who did I vote for...who did I support?

Your answer SHOULD BE: I do not know.

Let's see if you are capable of giving that as an answer.

Back