¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

I continue to be amazed that most gringos seem to think this holiday celebrates Mexico's independence day.

I also do not remember any gringos celebrating this day back in the 1970s and 80s. It seems like it came out of nowhere sometime in the late 80s.

My theory is it got turned into a gimmick to market and sell beer, tequilla, and nachos.

But I have to respect any holiday where the French get taken down a peg.

I continue to be amazed that most gringos seem to think this holiday celebrates Mexico's independence day.

I also do not remember any gringos celebrating this day back in the 1970s and 80s. It seems like it came out of nowhere sometime in the late 80s.

My theory is it got turned into a gimmick to market and sell beer, tequilla, and nachos.

I'm always surprised that Mexico's encounter with Maximillian trumps the anniversary of winning independence from Spain, mi gringo hermano.

¿Qué es la cerveza de todos?

¡Tengo Dos Equis Amber!

:clink:

what is the beer of the something? (the day?)

you have a dos equis.

fyi i failed spanish in highschool :(

My teacher was really hot. But I hated her because I am pretty reserved and she was all peppy and always trying to get me to participate. So I failed hardcore lol.

sigh.

did anyone know I am not like all those "other" white people?

I have a certain pzazz about myself. I'm more refined, why.. I remember when various holidays weren't celebrated as much

I know most gringos are only it for the beer and nachos. However, I am different! I swear!

It's important for me to let you all know that I while I also think it's an important day, that I appreciate it for the finer reasons, like [important historical anecdote that I have never talked about or alluded to caring about at any point in the last 13 years].

:thinking:

I broke the cypress code.

xpxLHrm.gif

"I am always [perplexed/confused/intrigued] why [mainstream member of society] thinks differently than I do

My theory is [something smug, dismissive, lazy and lacking nuance]

Of course, as we all know
[list a reason why I am better]

[optional conclusion that cypress thinks is witty]!"

I'm telling you, it works on all his posts.

what is the beer of the something? (the day?)

you have a dos equis.

fyi i failed spanish in highschool :(

My teacher was really hot. But I hated her because I am pretty reserved and she was all peppy and always trying to get me to participate. So I failed hardcore lol.

sigh.

That's pretty much all Spanish teachers. I took Spanish I in eighth grade and only got a C+. I took it then because there was a standing rule that fine arts and language credits could be forwarded to the HS, so, an A would have benefited me. Nevertheless, it helped prep me, and I got As in Spanish I & II.

I really don't like Mexican beers, so, I grabbed the amber as the best available choice.

I'm always surprised that Mexico's encounter with Maximillian trumps the anniversary of winning independence from Spain, mi gringo hermano.

I honestly do not know how native Mexican citizens rate the respective holidays. I only know of Cinco de Mayo through the gringo-tinged glasses of a Norte Americano who is being marketed Mexican beer and tequila by American distributors.

I do know that when a completely outnumbered and outgunned brigade of our southern friends defeats an imperialistic army of Frogs on the field of battle, that is reason enough to celebrate!

I honestly do not know how native Mexican citizens rate the respective holidays. I only know of Cinco de Mayo through the gringo-tinged glasses of a Norte Americano who is being marketed Mexican beer and tequila by American distributors.

I do know that when a completely outnumbered and outgunned brigade of our southern friends defeats an imperialistic army of Frogs on the field of battle, that is reason enough to celebrate!

lmao pretty close. lets fill it in

"I am always [perplexed/confused/intrigued]
"I honestly do not know how native Mexican citizens rate the respective holidays."

" I only know of Cinco de Mayo through the gringo-tinged glasses of a Norte Americano who is being marketed Mexican beer and tequila by American distributors."

"I do know that when a completely outnumbered and outgunned brigade of our southern friends defeats an imperialistic army of Frogs on the field of battle, that is reason enough to celebrate!"

I broke the cypress code.

xpxLHrm.gif

"I am always [perplexed/confused/intrigued] why [mainstream member of society] thinks differently than I do

I'm telling you, it works on all his posts.

Crypiss is the most pretentious poster on this site. It's almost like Seth MacFarlane met him in a U-District bar 25 years ago and got the idea for Brian Griffin.

Crypiss is the most pretentious poster on this site. It's almost like Seth MacFarlane met him in a U-District bar 25 years ago and got the idea for Brian Griffin.

he's the type of pretentious though that can't even back it up. he doesn't realize how cliche he sounds.

Fuckin' gringos ruin everything! Amiright?!!?

:cheers:

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Not that there is anything wrong w/ that.:whome:

lol

Make America great Again, drink more Mexican beer
corona-extra-last-ice-spanish-large-9.jpg

I will save your post and use it for future reference.

Last edited:

They don't celebrate it down there.. Kinda like we celebrate St Patty day big time, over in Ireland not so much.:dunno:

Just another reason to drink good Mexican beer....
stock-photo-irvine-ca-june-popular-mexican-beers-pacifico-sol-corona-bohemia-and-modelo-beer-286958402.jpg

They don't celebrate it down there.. Kinda like we celebrate St Patty day big time, over in Ireland not so much.:dunno:

Just another reason to drink good Mexican beer....
stock-photo-irvine-ca-june-popular-mexican-beers-pacifico-sol-corona-bohemia-and-modelo-beer-286958402.jpg

They celebrate it by going to church, and more important things than getting wasted.

They celebrate it by going to church, and more important things than getting wasted.

Happy bosses day, happy secretaries day, happy ground hog day, buy mylar balloons, cut flowers & cards.. If you don't you must hate them, gotta admit that is a great racket..

Back