Feminism And Romance Go Hand In Hand

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Good news for liberal women and liberal men!

Feminism And Romance Go Hand In Hand

Science Daily

— Contrary to popular opinion, feminism and romance are not incompatible and feminism may actually improve the quality of heterosexual relationships, according to Laurie Rudman and Julie Phelan, from Rutgers University in the US. Their study* also shows that unflattering feminist stereotypes, that tend to stigmatize feminists as unattractive and sexually unappealing, are unsupported.

It is generally perceived that feminism and romance are in direct conflict. Rudman and Phelan’s work challenges this perception. They carried out both a laboratory survey of 242 American undergraduates and an online survey including 289 older adults, more likely to have had longer relationships and greater life experience. They looked at men’s and women’s perception of their own feminism and its link to relationship health, measured by a combination of overall relationship quality, agreement about gender equality, relationship stability and sexual satisfaction.

They found that having a feminist partner was linked to healthier heterosexual relationships for women. Men with feminist partners also reported both more stable relationships and greater sexual satisfaction. According to these results, feminism does not predict poor romantic relationships, in fact quite the opposite.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/10/071015102856.htm

I think that the negative feminist stereotype was promulgated by people who didn't understand the nature and goals of feminism and who were therefore threatened by it, probably in nonspecific ways. To me, the essence of feminism is actually more like humanism, and I believe that most feminists see it in a similar fashion.

Therefore, we "true"(?) feminists traditionally would see no contradiction between feminism and romance. Truly our relationships* are stronger because they are based in part on mutual respect and trust. Not surprisingly, support from a strong partner whom you trust is essentially more valuable than from someone whose opinion you hold in little regard.

*for the sake of clarification, here I am referring to hetersexual relationships.

It's good to see a formal study debunking those damaging myths.

I think that the negative feminist stereotype was promulgated by people who didn't understand the nature and goals of feminism and who were therefore threatened by it, probably in nonspecific ways. To me, the essence of feminism is actually more like humanism, and I believe that most feminists see it in a similar fashion.

Therefore, we "true"(?) feminists traditionally would see no contradiction between feminism and romance. Truly our relationships* are stronger because they are based in part on mutual respect and trust. Not surprisingly, support from a strong partner whom you trust is essentially more valuable than from someone whose opinion you hold in little regard.

*for the sake of clarification, here I am referring to hetersexual relationships.

The goal of feminism is to destroy western society by legitimizing the lunacy of women, who are basically power and status driven creatures with no capacity for moral reasoning.

Well said. When women (and the men they're with) see themselves as absolute, co-equal parters with a shared sense of mutual respect (that's the very definition of feminism, isn't it?), I think its the core basis of a healthy relationship.

AllI can post is:

:rolleyes: Right! sorry all guys love a gal who claims to be physically equal to a guy? This is reality from another world...Girls are great...and so are guys in their own place!...Most guys appreciate a girl who is feminiem not masculine...and vice versus for the gals...this is feel good liberal nonsense taken to extremes! I suspect this is more Homosexual diatribes to justify abnormal relations...imho!:rolleyes:

Just admit it already...........

Well said. When women (and the men they're with) see themselves as absolute, co-equal parters with a shared sense of mutual respect (that's the very definition of feminism, isn't it?), I think its the core basis of a healthy relationship.

You are Gay...and thats what cawacko was trying to say in his drunken stupor...or not...maybe he was afraid and had second thoughts about being bashed on this silly board!:readit:

You sound so gay when you say that.

This thread should be renamed "Irony 101"

Cypress - picks up chicks on the internet and somehow wittingly convinces two women to runaway to Canada with him pending election results is called gay

Assmunch - an obvious closeted homosexual who has on numerous occassions shown his fascination and curiosity for gay/anal sex and quite often (as exampled in this thread) explicitely expressed his mysoginist views

Battleborn - well.......enough said. All one has to do is write his name and images incoherent babblings come to mind.

The goal of feminism is to destroy western society by legitimizing the lunacy of women, who are basically power and status driven creatures with no capacity for moral reasoning.

How many times have you been married?

Well put...real men show emotion and communicate!

:rolleyes: Right! sorry all guys love a gal who claims to be physically equal to a guy? This is reality from another world...Girls are great...and so are guys in their own place!...Most guys appreciate a girl who is feminiem not masculine...and vice versus for the gals...this is feel good liberal nonsense taken to extremes! I suspect this is more Homosexual diatribes to justify abnormal relations...imho!:rolleyes:

Most guys, but a few of my friends love to take their wives on the hunt. They shoot, they clean and they haul their kill, just like the men do. One of my friends even chews! I smile every time I think of her!

Back