Finally, why did this take a Democratic Majority???

I should have posted a link to it, I am having trouble finding the site now. Anyway, the proposed tax increase on those making more than a million simply will not pay for the program. I'll keep searching though, it was a good site that gave both sides.

I like the National Security rules. Too bad there is nothing in their plans about the border...

A good strong border security, coupled with a plan after the fact for those already here illegally would likely get me to even vote for them...
I think it may have been a typo. Ten to twenty billion per year is more in line with most of the estimates I've heard, even from Republicans.

Maybe it was an entire estimate. Probably 10 years... Either way it isn't even halfway paid for. As I said I'll keep looking for the site. It wasn't specifically a R or D site and had both sides of the argument. It is clearly unfunded and remains so. "Pay as you go" didn't last long. It appears it is more like, hide and obfuscate.

Yeah well leave it to the incompetants to complain about it:

"Though many Republicans were expected to support the measure, The Associated Press reported that some GOP members object to provisions of the bill and the speed with which Democratic leaders planned to move it through the House, bypassing hearings."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/09/house.agenda/index.html
...but when the Dems complained about Reps ramrodding a bill, it was justified....

Last edited:
Id rather have this than the war in Iraq...

How much will that cost over the next 35 years?

Back