Florida just launched one of the first high speed rail systems in the US....

It is Surprising the MAGA state of Florida would opt for such a woke lefty project.

It's privately owned and mostly funded by a private corporation.

They might have received some Federal grant money, but I don't think the state kicked in anything.

Let's see how Trump and his zombie army attack this.

Trump: “Quite frankly, this new train is a waste of money. Can you believe they spent a hundred trillion dollars building it? I can't believe it. I really can't. It's really something. Really sad. Not surprising, but whatever. Look, I would have struck a better deal and made China pay for this train, and you know what? It would have been built in half the time for half the cost and. And I know illegals are crossing into Florida on this train. I see it every day when I'm in Florida, okay? Honestly, we should go back to steam trains."

It is Surprising the MAGA state of Florida would opt for such a woke lefty project.

Meanwhile in Kalifornication the high speed railway might be finished this century!

In 2008, California voted yes to build the nation's first high-speed railway. The plan is to build an electric train that will connect Los Angeles and San Francisco in two hours and forty minutes. But 15 years later, there is not a single mile of track laid, and there isn't enough money to finish the project.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/...ifornia voted yes,money to finish the project.

Meanwhile in Kalifornication the high speed railway might be finished this century!

In 2008, California voted yes to build the nation's first high-speed railway. The plan is to build an electric train that will connect Los Angeles and San Francisco in two hours and forty minutes. But 15 years later, there is not a single mile of track laid, and there isn't enough money to finish the project.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/05/...ifornia voted yes,money to finish the project.

You aren't a citizen or resident of the United States, so our domestic politics and transportation infrastructure are none of your business

You aren't a citizen or resident of the United States, so our domestic politics and transportation infrastructure are none of your business

Priceless, what a fucking cop out!! Basically what you are really saying is I asked an unanswerable question and you behaved in your usual snooty and predictable manner.

Priceless, what a fucking cop out!! Basically what you are really saying is I asked an unanswerable question and you behaved in your usual snooty and predictable manner.

If you want to complain about governments and political parties, there's plenty for you to complain about in your country of residency, the police state of Thailand, and surely they have internet forums there

You've never been an American citizen and never been a resident here, so what's happening in America is none of your business.

If you want to complain about governments and political parties, there's plenty for you to complain about in your country of residency, the police state of Thailand, and surely they have internet forums there

You've never been an American citizen and never been a resident here, so what's happening in America is none of your business.

Pompous, arrogant, sanctimonious and hectoring, that's you summed up in a nutshell. I don't need your permission to be here.

Last edited:
Pompous, arrogant, sanctimonious and hectoring, that's you summed up in a nutshell. I don't need your permission to be here.

Why would I discuss domestic American issues with somebody who isn't American and who supports the autocratic police state of Thailand by refusing to criticize it and supports it with their taxes

Sounds great....till you see the prices....and realize that you can drive it faster most days.

Wrong.

$79 each way Orlando - Miami.

Trip takes 3 hours as opposed to 4 hours MINIMUM by car if you haul ass without stopping.

For most people it takes around 5 hours.

Then there's the cost.

Gas and tolls will cost you about as much as a one way ticket if you take the Florida Turnpike which is the only logical route to take between the two destinations. Possibly more if you drive a big car or truck.

It's a pretty nice thing to have and no or little public money was used.

Wrong.

$79 each way Orlando - Miami.

Trip takes 3 hours as opposed to 4 hours MINIMUM by car if you haul ass without stopping.

For most people it takes around 5 hours.

Then there's the cost.

Gas and tolls will cost you about as much as a one way ticket if you take the Florida Turnpike which is the only logical route to take between the two destinations. Possibly more if you drive a big car or truck.

It's a pretty nice thing to have and no or little public money was used.

This is what I mean about how boldly we are lied to now, the train schedule takes about ten seconds to get and read, the current car time less than a minute, and you decide to lie your ass off anyways.

This is what I mean about how boldly we are lied to now, the train schedule takes about ten seconds to get and read, the current car time less than a minute, and you decide to lie your ass off anyways.

How many times have you driven between Orlando and Miami?

Let me guess.... ZERO.

Me? At least a couple of dozen times since 1992.

So, F.U. :fu:

Why would I discuss domestic American issues with somebody who isn't American and who supports the autocratic police state of Thailand by refusing to criticize it and supports it with their taxes

It's also highly embarrassing so I can see why you feel the need to bullshit your way out of it. I must say that I'm quite amazed how Florida were able to build Brightline for a mere fraction of the cost of the CHSR. $7.3 million per mile for Brightline, compared to $153.8 million per mile for CHSR (using the current $80 billion budget). Why will CHSR cost at least twenty times more per mile than Brightline?

Approved in 2008, California High Speed Rail (CHSR) was expected to deliver a 520-mile two-track, electrified high-speed railway on an all-new route between Los Angeles and San Francisco by 2029. Fourteen years later, CHSR is now only expected to have a 171-mile single-track section between Madera and Bakersfield will be operational by 2030. Meanwhile the project’s cost has ballooned to $80 billion from an original budget of $33 billion, and costs are expected to rise further to $100 billion, or triple the original budget.

Meanwhile in Florida, a very different kind of passenger railroad is already up and running. Brightline was launched in 2012 by the Florida East Coast Railway, a private freight railroad. Unlike CHSR, Brightline mostly uses existing routes, removing the need to acquire (or appropriate) large amounts of land. Instead of building the whole line before beginning any passenger services (as CHSR is doing), Brightline began construction on a 70-mile section from Miami to West Palm Beach in 2014 and opened it to passengers in 2018. This meant that Brightline already had an operational, revenue-producing service before embarking on the 170-mile northward extension to Orlando Airport. That extension is expected to open in 2023, and the entire project will cost about $1.75 billion, raised through private financing.

This equates to about $7.3 million per mile for Brightline, compared to $153.8 million per mile for CHSR (using the current $80 billion budget). Why will CHSR cost at least twenty times more per mile than Brightline? How has Brightline managed to deliver a high-speed intercity passenger rail system within ten years whereas CHSR needs twenty-two years to deliver an incomplete, scaled-down version of its original plan? Much of the answer comes down to the fundamental nature of public works projects such as CHSR.

In his Economics in One Lesson, economist Henry Hazlitt noted that many (if not most) public works projects do not even aim to address a clear need. Instead, said Hazlitt, they are justified in two ways: in terms of the jobs they create, and the end product they will produce. However, this overlooks the many alternative ways in which private individuals and businesses may have spent the money that the government instead appropriated through taxation and allocated to the project. When a private business spends money on a project, it expects a return on its investment. As such, it aims to provide a product it expects people to want or need.

https://fee.org/articles/florida-co...d-a-railroad-with-its-brightline-rail-system/

Last edited:

Tommy won't do that, they monitor the internet there and literally arrest people for speaking out. That's why Tommy had to get another account and ditch his old one

np_file_64158.jpeg

Back