Florida just launched one of the first high speed rail systems in the US....

Tommy won't do that, they monitor the internet there and literally arrest people for speaking out. That's why Tommy had to get another account and ditch his old one

np_file_64158.jpeg

Remarkable that he willingly chooses to live under an authoritarian police state, and support it with his taxes, but then finds time to complain about an American political party.

Florida's Brightline, is an Orlando - Miami HSR that just took its inaugural run yesterday...

https://www.gobrightline.com/

It's not 300 mph but it goes over 100.

Their website says it's a 3 hour and 30 min ride.

https://www.gobrightline.com/train-stations/fl/orlando

If you Google the distance the estimated drive time is 3 hours 27 mins. I guess if you want the convenience of not driving it's ok but doesnt seem to make much difference. A one way ticket for an adult is $79. The distance between Orlando and Miami is 234 miles and the avg price of gas in Fl is $3.48/gal. The avg mpg of a car is 25 mpg. That's roughly 10 gallons or $34.80.

Their website says it's a 3 hour and 30 min ride.

https://www.gobrightline.com/train-stations/fl/orlando

If you Google the distance the estimated drive time is 3 hours 27 mins. I guess if you want the convenience of not driving it's ok but doesnt seem to make much difference.

That estimate assumes optimum conditions, no rest stops and no traffic backups.

Having driven between Orlando and Miami many times, I can tell you 3 hours and 27 minutes is a pipe dream.

Once you reach the north end of Miami, you've still got several miles to go on a very highly traveled expressway, where much of the day, traffic is backed up like in any other major city.

You really should try to develop your thinking and reasoning capabilities before spouting off about thing you know nothing about.

A one way ticket for an adult is $79. The distance between Orlando and Miami is 234 miles and the avg price of gas in Fl is $3.48/gal. The avg mpg of a car is 25 mpg. That's roughly 10 gallons or $34.80.

So basically you're paying $44.20.

And then of course, we can subtract another $23 for the Florida turnpike tolls.

So now the trip is really only about $20 for being able to relax in the comfort and relative safety of a modern passenger train car, rather than the white-knuckle driving experience the trip used to entail.

All while saving a good hour or more in time.

And you also neglected to factor in avoided the wear and tear on the car's engine, drive train, tires, etc.

Your anti-progress, right-wing loser attitude typifies all the right's losing arguments.

Last edited:
That estimate assumes optimum conditions, no rest stops and no traffic backups.

Having driven between Orlando and Miami many times, I can tell you 3 hours and 27 minutes is a pipe dream.

Plus, they measure from city limit to city limit. Nobody starts and ends their trip at the city limits.

Once you reach the north end of Miami, you've still got several miles to go on a very highly traveled expressway, where much of the day, traffic is backed up like in any other major city.

You really should try to develop your thinking and reasoning capabilities before spouting off about thing you know nothing about.

So basically you're paying $44.20 for being able to relax in the comfort and relative safety of a modern passenger train car, rather than the white-knuckle driving experience the trip used to entail.

And then of course, we can subtract another $20 for the Florida turnpike tolls.

So now the trip is really only about $20.

All while saving a good hour or more in time.

And you also neglected to factor in avoided the wear and tear on the car's engine and drive train.

Your anti-progress, right-wing loser attitude is typical of all your losing arguments.

It's not worth it. All we can hope is when it fails to they didn't take too much taxpayer money with them.

Your progressive nonsense is a shit show. This is just like EVs there is no significant advantages of the new thing over the old thing. Nice try though.

It's not worth it.

I guess the $20 net cost each way represents a lot of money to your average trailer squatting redneck.

That's a 12 pack of beer, a pack of generic cigarettes and maybe even enough left for a scratch off ticket.

But OTOH, trailer squatting rednecks don't go to Miami anyway, so moot point.

Yakuda;5810431[B said:
All we can hope is when it fails to they didn't take too much taxpayer money with them.[/B]

Your progressive nonsense is a shit show. This is just like EVs there is no significant advantages of the new thing over the old thing. Nice try though.

As was explained at the outset, THIS PROJECT WAS PRIVATELY FUNDED.

I suppose I should have made allowances for your lack of reading comprehension skills.

An oversight on my part.

I guess the $20 net cost each way represents a lot of money to your average trailer squatting redneck.

That's a 12 pack of beer, a pack of generic cigarettes and maybe even enough left for a scratch off ticket.

But OTOH, trailer squatting rednecks don't go to Miami anyway, so moot point.

As was explained at the outset, THIS PROJECT WAS PRIVATELY FUNDED.

I suppose I should have made allowances for your lack of reading comprehension skills.

An oversight on my part.

You can squeal like a pig if you want but it won't make this successful. The facts are that this offers no significant advantages for people. You could try and point out the advantages but frankly I don't speak pig squeal. It's admittedly a hole in my education.

You can squeal like a pig if you want but it won't make this successful. The facts are that this offers no significant advantages for people. You could try and point out the advantages but frankly I don't speak pig squeal. It's admittedly a hole in my education.

Translation: Yakuda ---> "Despite having had my weak-ass, irrational butthurt crybaby diaper shit thoroughly demolished by logic, reason and reality, I choose to double down on my ignorance because I'm striving to be more like Lord Trump."

Yeah, I guess doubling down on stupidity is SOP for Trumpers.

Gotta be like your puppet master.

Translation: Yakuda ---> "Despite having had my weak-ass, irrational butthurt crybaby diaper shit thoroughly demolished by logic, reason and reality, I choose to double down on my ignorance because I'm striving to be more like Lord Trump."

Yeah, I guess doubling down on stupidity is SOP for Trumpers.

Gotta be like your puppet master.

So there are no significant advantages of this train over driving? That's what I thought but it's good to have verification.

So there are no significant advantages of this train over driving? That's what I thought but it's good to have verification.

+$79.00 one way high speed rail ticket
- $34.20 avg gas cost
- $23.00 tolls
---------------
=$21.80 net cost for peace of mind, safety and relaxing in comfort rather than stressing out fighting traffic jams and idiot drivers.

Factor in the savings of wear and tear on one's vehicle and tires, etc. and the one hour of travel time saved.

All for a measely $21.80 net cost.

And yet, you're still trying to claim the advantages are not significant.

No wonder nobody takes you ignorant Trumptards seriously.

You lose.

Go away.

This high speed train makes to many stops to be an effective high speed train?!! You only save 20 minutes if you go by car, because of all the stops?!! Real high speed trains don't stop at every piss-hole on their routes?!!

This is not high speed rail by any accepted standard definition...its a lie that has been pumped.

This high speed train makes to many stops to be an effective high speed train?!! You only save 20 minutes if you go by car, because of all the stops?!! Real high speed trains don't stop at every piss-hole on their routes?!!

Bullshit.

Aside from the origin and final destination stops (Orlando and Miami) there are only four other stops along it's 235 mile route.

Orlando Station.
West Palm Beach Station.
Boca Raton Station.
Fort Lauderdale Station.
Aventura Station.
Miami Station.

And they're all in the South Florida metropolitan area.

Hardly piss-holes.

As for the speed, it can hit speeds of up to 120 mph.

Not as fast as European HSR, but very close to Japan's.

But hey, if you have a problem with it, you're cordially invited to not come down here and ride it. :thup:

Bullshit.

Aside from the origin and final destination stops (Orlando and Miami) there are only four other stops along it's 235 mile route.

Orlando Station.
West Palm Beach Station.
Boca Raton Station.
Fort Lauderdale Station.
Aventura Station.
Miami Station.

And they're all in the South Florida metropolitan area.

Hardly piss-holes.

As for the speed, it can hit speeds of up to 120 mph.

Not as fast as European HSR, but very close to Japan's.

But hey, if you have a problem with it, you're cordially invited to not come down here and ride it. :thup:

Have you ever been on a Japanese train? My youngest son lives in Tokyo and the high speed Shinkansen bullet trains are the fastest and most convenient way of travelling. The Japan Rail network is extensive and the trains reach a top speed of 200mph, anything under 150 mph is not even considered high speed.

Last edited:
Have you ever been on a Japanese train, arsewipe? My youngest son lives in Tokyo and the high speed Shinkansen bullet trains are the fastest and most convenient way of discovering Japan. The Japan Rail (JR) network is extensive and the trains reach a top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph)

Fuck off, lying Britfag. :fu:

Your post was so obviously copy/pasted, it made me laugh.

Sounds like something straight from a tourism promotion....

".....the high speed Shinkansen bullet trains are the fastest and most convenient way of discovering Japan. The Japan Rail (JR) network is extensive and the trains reach a top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph)"

Screenshot-20231007-085604.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=jap...id-joyar&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

If you're going to post BULLSHIT about having personal knowledge of something you don't, it seems like you'd at least have the fucking brains to reword it into something that sounds like your own words.

But I guess the part about having the brains to do so excludes you.

Fucking half-wit. :palm:

And FYI, Florida Brightline is planning to increase speed to 150 mph, but for now they choose to run them slower. Because the train runs through highly populated areas, safety is a major concern. In South Florida, 11 people have been struck and killed since that leg of the route opened before the pandemic. Possibly after they've been around for awhile and people have gotten used to them, they'll start running them faster.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/brightline-plans-to-increase-train-speeds-up-to-150-mph-14152635

If you weren't such a midget-minded limey POS you wouldn't have had to have that explained to you.

Fucking idiot. :321:

Fuck off, lying Britfag. :fu:

Your post was so obviously copy/pasted, it made me laugh.

Sounds like something straight from a tourism promotion....

".....the high speed Shinkansen bullet trains are the fastest and most convenient way of discovering Japan. The Japan Rail (JR) network is extensive and the trains reach a top speed of 320 km/h (199 mph)"

Screenshot-20231007-085604.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=jap...id-joyar&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#ip=1

If you're going to post BULLSHIT about having personal knowledge of something you don't, it seems like you'd at least have the fucking brains to reword it into something that sounds like your own words.

But I guess the part about having the brains to do so excludes you.

Fucking half-wit. :palm:

And FYI, Florida Brightline is planning to increase speed to 150 mph, but for now they choose to run them slower. Because the train runs through highly populated areas, safety is a major concern. In South Florida, 11 people have been struck and killed since that leg of the route opened before the pandemic. Possibly after they've been around for awhile and people have gotten used to them, they'll start running them faster.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/brightline-plans-to-increase-train-speeds-up-to-150-mph-14152635

If you weren't such a midget-minded limey POS you wouldn't have had to have that explained to you.

Fucking idiot. :321:

I have been to Japan recently and travelled on genuine high speed trains so go fuck yourself. If you weren't such a dozy cunt you'd know that I was actually on your side defending Brightside costs compared to the total shambles of the CHSR nightmare.

Last edited:
I have been to Japan recently and travelled on genuine high speed trains so go fuck yourself..

Liars tell :lies:.....:palm:

If you weren't such a dozy cunt you'd know that I was actually on your side defending Brightside costs compared to the total shambles of the CHSR nightmare.

Oh, so calling me "arsewipe" part of being on my side?

But the cost per mile, which is what you addressed in one post, is a different subject than the one that was being argued, which was the differences in travel time and cost vs car.

Back