Flying While Muslim

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/21/passengers.removed/index.html.

MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (CNN) -- US Airways said Tuesday it is investigating the removal of six Muslim imams who were passengers on a Monday flight heading to Phoenix, Arizona.

The clerics, who had been in Minnesota for a national imams conference, were guilty of nothing more than "flying while Muslim," according to a national Muslim advocacy group.

The alert was raised after the men performed their normal evening prayers in the airport terminal before boarding Flight 300. (Watch how one of the men was treated at a US Airways desk )
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not making excuses for security at the airport, but in a post 9/11 world if you don't think a group of muslims praying before a flight and speaking arabic would raise eyebrows you're an idiot.

I agree and it is not a racial thing. I see many people of arab descent everyday and don't take a 2nd glance. It is when I see nutbag muslims dressed in all their crazy muslim clothes that I will look twice and be suspicious.

I'm suspicious of all muslims as terrorists

all catholics as pedophiles

all mormons as pedophiles/polygamist/retards.

and all Southern Baptists as racists

I agree and it is not a racial thing. I see many people of arab descent everyday and don't take a 2nd glance. It is when I see nutbag muslims dressed in all their crazy muslim clothes that I will look twice and be suspicious.

I'm suspicious of all muslims as terrorists

all catholics as pedophiles

all mormons as pedophiles/polygamist/retards.

and all Southern Baptists as racists
The 9/11 guys wore normal US clothes and were instructed not to appear Muslim. Seeing them dressed and acting Muslim is a sign that they are most likely not part of any plot.

The 9/11 guys wore normal US clothes and were instructed not to appear Muslim. Seeing them dressed and acting Muslim is a sign that they are most likely not part of any plot.

I thought about that too. But I'm only dealing in reality. I think a lot of people would. If I were muslim I'd expect it.

I thought about that too. But I'm only dealing in reality. I think a lot of people would. If I were muslim I'd expect it.
I would too. However, people need to be more careful than just looking for guys speaking Arabic and acting Muslim. Just adding to the things people should watch for.

I would too. However, people need to be more careful than just looking for guys speaking Arabic and acting Muslim. Just adding to the things people should watch for.

people need to be more careful than just looking for guys speaking Arabic

I believe these were american muslims. I saw two of them interviewed on TV speaking flawless english.

people need to be more careful than just looking for guys speaking Arabic

I believe these were american muslims. I saw two of them interviewed on TV speaking flawless english.
They were dressed and speaking Arabic in prayer. Read the story.

The passenger thought the imams -- who were speaking in Arabic and English -- had made anti-U.S. statements before boarding and "made similar statements while boarding," said Russ Knocke, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security.

They were dressed and speaking Arabic in prayer. Read the story.

This is based on one passenger's story. Evidently, the other one hundred (or whatever) passengers weren't threatened.

These are american muslim scholars. Anybody with more than a high school education knows that muslim scholars are fluent in arabic the way catholic priests are fluent in Latin.

Me thinks this single passenger - probably a Sean Hannity fan - got carried away with paranoia.

This is based on one passenger's story. Evidently, the other one hundred (or whatever) passengers weren't threatened.

These are american muslim scholars. Anybody with more than a high school education knows that muslim scholars are fluent in arabic the way catholic priests are fluent in Latin.

Me thinks this single passenger - probably a Sean Hannity fan - got carried away with paranoia.
Which was my point. You did, however, tell me all about how they weren't speaking Arabic because you heard one of them speaking fluent English...

These guys were trying to cause trouble and they did. They should be banned from flying US Airways.

Its interesting because I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and they were discussing a similar topic in the black community.
People were complaining about getting stopped in white neighborhoods when they were dressed in "hood" attire in New York. The dj was basically saying, "its not right, but what do you expect if you're a black man with a rag around your head and your pants hanging low and you're in a white neighborhood." He was basically saying, that its your right to do that, but if you don't want the obvious consequences you should take some steps to not make yourself so inconspicous. People were calling in livid of course.

These guys were trying to cause trouble and they did. They should be banned from flying US Airways.

Welfare recipients should be banned from wasting tax dollars on the internet all day because clearly they are well enough to at least do data entry work.

Its interesting because I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and they were discussing a similar topic in the black community.
People were complaining about getting stopped in white neighborhoods when they were dressed in "hood" attire in New York. The dj was basically saying, "its not right, but what do you expect if you're a black man with a rag around your head and your pants hanging low and you're in a white neighborhood." He was basically saying, that its your right to do that, but if you don't want the obvious consequences you should take some steps to not make yourself so inconspicous. People were calling in livid of course.

and by that standard, cops should be stopping every middle-class, middled aged white male within a mile of an elementary school, since these men fit the demographic profile of most pedophiles. ;)

You turning against the poor needy welfare individuals LadyT? What they should be made to get a job? But that is for another thread, this one is about Muslims stopping air traffic to prove a point.

I agree. Anyone caught praying should be prevented from travelling. Ever.

That's right, any Muslim stupid enought to get up and pray and say Allah Akbar on a plane needs to has his ass kicked off. Hopefully they will boycott all American airlines. LOL

Back