For AHZ

uscitizen

Villified User
Our Lives, Controlled From Some Guy’s Couch

Published: August 14, 2007

Until I talked to Nick Bostrom, a philosopher at Oxford University, it never occurred to me that our universe might be somebody else’s hobby. I hadn’t imagined that the omniscient, omnipotent creator of the heavens and earth could be an advanced version of a guy who spends his weekends building model railroads or overseeing video-game worlds like the Sims.

But now it seems quite possible. In fact, if you accept a pretty reasonable assumption of Dr. Bostrom’s, it is almost a mathematical certainty that we are living in someone else’s computer simulation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/science/14tier.html?ex=1187755200&en=25825f4560a9d607&ei=5065&partner=MYWAY

That's just fantastic.

This week's been shit enough without finding out that my life can be equated to some speccy future-kid playing 'snake' on his fecking mobile phone.

Some guy! How could you call the Supreme Architect such a middling name! He'd be smiting you right now if he had been monitoring!

Some guy! How could you call the Supreme Architect such a middling name! He'd be smiting you right now if he had been monitoring!

Actually, can't smite him for that.... I am actually a thirteen year old (well 60 billion human years). My teacher is giving me extra credit for the "create a universe project". I must say, it has been rather amusing watching you all "progress". My class especially likes the little firecrackers you throw around at each other.

Side note: sorry for the whole bubonic plague thing... this ass name Joe thinks it is funny to fuck with my project. (you all know him as Lucifer)

When the school year is over I sujest you save this little project in the garage or something.

It may come in handy in later years say as a nice little college research paper.

When the school year is over I sujest you save this little project in the garage or something.

It may come in handy in later years say as a nice little college research paper.

Nah.... wouldn't get a good enough grade for collegiate work. Too many damn crazy ass whiny liberals running around. :rolleyes:

Actually, can't smite him for that.... I am actually a thirteen year old (well 60 billion human years). My teacher is giving me extra credit for the "create a universe project". I must say, it has been rather amusing watching you all "progress". My class especially likes the little firecrackers you throw around at each other.

Side note: sorry for the whole bubonic plague thing... this ass name Joe thinks it is funny to fuck with my project. (you all know him as Lucifer)

I kinda figured that , considering the way we have turned out.

Already done.... who do you think came up with the ending? Sure as hell wasn't that little punk luci.

You stole it from me, and I never got my royalties. But that figures. Its not the first time you screwed me.

Back