For Breaking Bad fans [spoilers]

best show on tv. Everyone should watch it. It's eclipsed the wire btw.

Awesome show.
I fully didn't expect him to get away with the bombing, at the end of last season.
TOTALLY FUCKED UP THAT GUY.

Last edited by a moderator:
best show on tv. Everyone should watch it. It's eclipsed the wire btw.
I just watched the end of season 4.
Walt has completely went over to the dark side. Poisoning a child? That's fucked up.

The chemist is me loves the show. I love picking out the stuff that's real and whats not For example. When the stuff the dead guys in a drum and pour HF Acid on them and then slap a corrosive DOT hazardous material corrosive label on the drum. Only problem is the label is yellow. Real DOT corrosive labels are black and white. In another scene they show drums of chemicals with the red flammable liquid DOT hazard labels. That's correct, except they have the #4 of them. Real DOT flammable liquid labels have the #3 on them.

Last edited by a moderator:
duuuude mott you caught up fast. I think last I talked to you about breaking bad you were just on season 1. You cruised through it :)

Wasn't some of the last episodes of season 4 the most intense shit ever O_O

Grind I finally started watching BB. I am in the middle of the 2nd season. I'll definitely order the other ones. I can't say I see it as the best show on television yet, but it's very good and I understand the best is yet to come.

I got my son into this when it first started. Now he has all his college buds watching it. I didn't watch it at all season 4 until he had it all recorded and we watched the whole thing over his spring break, three episodes per night.

duuuude mott you caught up fast. I think last I talked to you about breaking bad you were just on season 1. You cruised through it :)

Wasn't some of the last episodes of season 4 the most intense shit ever O_O
It was. I also laughed my ass off. Some of the dark comedy is so freaken over the top. Bryan Cranston is a genius, he can go from a dark demon driven dramatic character to over the fucking top hillareous. The guy who plays the criminal lawyer if freaken hillarous, just about every scene he's been in I've laughed until I hurt. He's got to be the most honest TV lawyer in the entire history of television. :)

I'm just wondering how many people get the humor? As a dramatic show about a milquetoast chemistry teacher going to the dark side, this show could stand alone but the dark comedy puts this show in a league all it's own.

My favorite line in the whole series is when they go to see Saul for the first ttime and Jesse tells Walt. "You don't want a criminal lawyer. Allright, you want a criminal lawyer."

Last edited:
Grind I finally started watching BB. I am in the middle of the 2nd season. I'll definitely order the other ones. I can't say I see it as the best show on television yet, but it's very good and I understand the best is yet to come.
Just remember that this is not meant to be a drama but is intended to be high comedy and you'll have a different perspective. If you watch this as a drama you won't get it or at least you won't get a lot of it. I enjoyed the first show but it was the second episode when Jesse tried to dissolve the dead drug dealer in his bath tub with HF acid and the bottom litterally fell out of his bathtub that won me over. I laughed till I hurt over that. Talk about over the top! :)

Just remember that this is not meant to be a drama but is intended to be high comedy and you'll have a different perspective. If you watch this as a drama you won't get it or at least you won't get a lot of it. I enjoyed the first show but it was the second episode when Jesse tried to dissolve the dead drug dealer in his bath tub with HF acid and the bottom litterally fell out of his bathtub that won me over. I laughed till I hurt over that. Talk about over the top! :)

I definitely don't see it as comedy, but I do get the dark satire at the angst of a middle-aged borderline loser in America.

mott yes it has comedic elements but i def would not classify it as a dark comedy over a drama. also darla im sorry i built it up too much you'll never enjoy it. hahaha.

I definitely don't see it as comedy, but I do get the dark satire at the angst of a middle-aged borderline loser in America.
Oh it's definately comedy. Dark, high comedy and Bryan Cranston pulls it off brilliantly. I mean it's some of the little stuff that's hillareious. Like when Walt is hiding outside the window at the nursing home and the old lady starts flirting with him.

7fMM2.png

r8zK3.png

oh and what category has it been nominated for at the emmys? Best drama, best actor in a drama, etc.

Just cause a show has some comedic elements doesn't mean it's a comedy.

mott yes it has comedic elements but i def would not classify it as a dark comedy over a drama. also darla im sorry i built it up too much you'll never enjoy it. hahaha.
Oh I do. Breaking Bad is the best high comedy since Catch-22. Keep in mind that high comedy doesn't work with out a dramatic back drop. Maybe I'm just the type that catches the little shit that's funny. Like in the first episode when Walt is forced to wax the car of a student he had reprimanded earlier in the day at school. Like when he's zoned out on the mustard stain on the doctors lapel when the doctor is telling him he's going to die. The scene in season two when the body Jesse's trying to dissolve in acid in his bathtub come crashing through the ceiling at just the wrong moment is right up there with Reverend Jims taking his drivers license exam or John Travolta accidently shooting Marvin in Pulp Fiction or when Steve Buscemi got stuffed into the wood chipper in Fargo. I laughed till I hurt. It's the dark, dangerous and morally questionable path (i.e the drama) that makes the comedy work. Walt is by far and away the most twistedly funny anti-hero character that has ever been on TV. Not to mention Saul....I love Saul.....the world needs more Lawyers like Saul! LOL

Then there's Jesse and the fucked up situations he keeps getting into. How he got the RV for Walt was a classic. The three nit wits he partners with to sell drugs are the best low brow comedy quartet since Larry, Curly, Moe and Schemp. Fucking unbelievable. The scene where he falls into the port o potty when he's having a bad day. If Walt is the anti-hero then Jesse is the anti-Ferris Buehler. The way Jesse always goes from point A to point B leaving chao and wreckage in his wake while still somehow managing to get the job done is freaking hillareous.

No I see Breaking Bad as dark high comedy. The drama is just the premis and set up for the punch line.

I agree it's not a comedy.

Mott is being insufferable by insisting that it is, without even an "IMO". I am going to call him Mutt and go all spastic posting 'LMAO you moron" over and over if he doesn't stop it soon. In other words, I'm going to Superfreak you Mott!

7fMM2.png

r8zK3.png

oh and what category has it been nominated for at the emmys? Best drama, best actor in a drama, etc.

Just cause a show has some comedic elements doesn't mean it's a comedy.
I don't think you understand Grind. High/Black comedy is a form of drama. As I said before, the drama serves as the premis and setup for the punchline. It's the dramatic theme and sophistication juxtopposed with comedy that makes it so appealing to me.

Mott is being insufferable by insisting that it is, without even an "IMO". I am going to call him Mutt and go all spastic posting 'LMAO you moron" over and over if he doesn't stop it soon. In other words, I'm going to Superfreak you Mott!
Do I have to pay extra? :)

OK, OK, IMO!

Back