For Breaking Bad fans [spoilers]

You're not right, you are a fucking idiot. It's not dissing you to point that out.
Oh Chill Dixie, I was just yanking your chain. ;)

High comedy is a form of drama in which the dramatic form is used to deliver the humor through elements such as irony, sarcasm, satire, criticism witty dialogue, bitting humor, etc. It is also called "pure comedy" and it is only differentiated from classical drama in that it includes these elements of humor.

It is called "high" comedy becuase this approach is cerebral, articulate and sophisticated as opposed to low comedy which is based on slapstick, gimmicks, pratfalls, farce and other visual humor, etc. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Catch-22 and Breaking Bad would be examples of High Comedy. The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges and I Love Lucy would be examples of low comedy.

Yes, Breaking Bad is a drama but it is also a Black (High) Comedy. In fact, it's probably the best "High" comedy I've ever seen on TV.

the bottom line is if you were to go up to anyone on the street and say "define the genre of breaking bad in one word" few people other than mouth breathers would say "high comedy" there is a difference between having elements of different genres and outright encompassing said genres.

You are moving the goal posts now because you were earlier committing to calling it nearly exclusively a high dark comedy, which it isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

the bottom line is if you were to go up to anyone on the street and say "define the genre of breaking bad in one word" few people other than mouth breathers would say "high comedy" there is a difference between having elements of different genres and outright encompassing said genres.

You are moving the goal posts now because you were earlier committing to calling it nearly exclusively a high dark comedy, which it isn't by any stretch of the imagination.
Maybe I just see more humor in the show then you do? ;)

BTW, BB is even listed on TV, The Net and IMDB as a black comedy.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100424105655AAb8gsx

http://www.la.com/ci_11395694

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903747/reviews

Maybe I just see more humor in the show then you do? ;)

It is to me but I'm a sick and twisted fuck anyways. :)

*sigh* Will you shut the fuck up? It's not that big a deal, you don't need to drone on and on for days about this, you were wrong, it was pointed out, now let's all just move on. It's certainly not the first time you've been wrong, and it's not the first time someone has pointed it out, probably won't be the last. The show is a drama, it contains some dark (or black) comedy. This doesn't, in any way, make it a comedy.

*sigh* Will you shut the fuck up? It's not that big a deal, you don't need to drone on and on for days about this, you were wrong, it was pointed out, now let's all just move on. It's certainly not the first time you've been wrong, and it's not the first time someone has pointed it out, probably won't be the last. The show is a drama, it contains some dark (or black) comedy. This doesn't, in any way, make it a comedy.
Why yes, yes id does. :)

Well, you can take a big steamy dump and CALL it chocolate ice cream... that's entirely your prerogative, but it's still not chocolate ice cream to the rest of us.
Oh come on Dixie! What's not funny about dissolving a dead crack head in a bathtub of acid?

Back