Friday Chit Chat

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
Alright, now that I've gotten over my outrage of the latest rounds of votes in Washington, I can back to more important things like what's everyone doing this weekend?

I have had a HECTIC week at work. I soo need a drink.

Wine, margarita, and avocado outdoor festival. Live music and dancing. And lots of margaritas.

Muy bueno!

I'm going to the burbs of philly tonight which I'm kind of not looking forward to because of all of the traffic.

BBQ..beer and watching the idiots during 'Thunder on the Mountain' invade my small town with all the noise of the Harleys... and macho Attorneys and Doctors and such trying to play 'Hells Angels' for the weekend...!

Then again I may escape to Reno or Carson...naw it is fun watching the geeks playing macho!:cof1:

getting my house ready for winter and other chores around the house... but most definitly enjoying some brews

Taking the next step to get the new race car ready; preparing for our trip to Dallas next week; playing with the dogs on some of the agility equipment.

Wow.....

Taking the next step to get the new race car ready; preparing for our trip to Dallas next week; playing with the dogs on some of the agility equipment.

Your Hubby is a lucky guy...race cars?...Now thats what I call a fun wife..enjoy...and by the way what class are y'all in...? What type of racer...just curious!

Good Lord Bob..............!

getting my house ready for winter and other chores around the house... but most definitly enjoying some brews

Ya really need to get out more often...thats what ya always say...mow :cof1: the lawns etc...

Cool..............

Super Sport.

I raced 1/4 mile back in the day...modified Vet 283 bored to 301,Jahns pop up pistons...light cam,411 posi,dual 4bbl double pumpers,Hurst short shaft 4spd,rear slicks...not the fastest but a hella lotta fun...good for cruising the blvd too!.........:cof1:

Ya really need to get out more often...thats what ya always say...mow :cof1: the lawns etc...
ya tell me about it:mad: ... i dont get enough time durring the week i am always working.... if i am not going to the cabin its usaly working on the house. ive been thinking about tring to find a newer house but with the way the market is now it would take me a long time too sell plus i probably wouldnt get what i should be able to get for it. so i guess thats just the way it is. i am not complaining though. i cant imagin what it would be like to have kids too. i would go nuts i think

i think i may just limit the house work to fixing the barn roof this weekend .... your right ... now al thats left is what the should i do

I raced 1/4 mile back in the day...modified Vet 283 bored to 301,Jahns pop up pistons...light cam,411 posi,dual 4bbl double pumpers,Hurst short shaft 4spd,rear slicks...not the fastest but a hella lotta fun...good for cruising the blvd too!.........:cof1:

Well, this one won't be cruising, that's for sure! :p It's expected to do mid-7s and won't be street-legal.

Well, this one won't be cruising, that's for sure! :p It's expected to do mid-7s and won't be street-legal.

nice... a couple of buddys were into all that a while back... one of em had a '69 vw ragtop bug, thing did l 0-60 around 3-4 seconds, fun as hell iam not sure if it was leagle or not, even if it was he never let somthing like that stop him... needless to say he got alot of tickets

Naw....

ya tell me about it:mad: ... i dont get enough time durring the week i am always working.... if i am not going to the cabin its usaly working on the house. ive been thinking about tring to find a newer house but with the way the market is now it would take me a long time too sell plus i probably wouldnt get what i should be able to get for it. so i guess thats just the way it is. i am not complaining though. i cant imagin what it would be like to have kids too. i would go nuts i think

Kids are great...way more fun than a expensive date...they appreciate your time...don't have to play macho man...just have fun and make a ass outta yourself without the dirty looks...!:cof1:

Kids are great...way more fun than a expensive date...they appreciate your time...don't have to play macho man...just have fun and make a ass outta yourself without the dirty looks...!:cof1:
dont get me wrong, i love kids, i just wouldnt have much time to myself ... ya i know selfish. some day

LOL...............

Thats what us young studs thought about..needed a fast..but not too fast dragster...that ya could also hit the blvd with...but ya are married so go for the trophy..thats cool too! By the way on a good day I hit maybe the low 10's...lol

nice... a couple of buddys were into all that a while back... one of em had a '69 vw ragtop bug, thing did l 0-60 around 3-4 seconds, fun as hell iam not sure if it was leagle or not, even if it was he never let somthing like that stop him... needless to say he got alot of tickets

Oh, this is strictly at the dragstrip -- no street racing. It really is far too dangerous. You said in a convertible? Eek!:eek: One of our grad students was driving one night (on the street) and accepted a challenge. His best friend was his only passenger and was killed when the car overturned after the front wheel hit the curb.

In an all-out effort to offer an alternative to street racing, the local track has street class racing nearly every weekend, in addition to their usual schedule.

Oh, this is strictly at the dragstrip -- no street racing. It really is far too dangerous. You said in a convertible? Eek!:eek: One of our grad students was driving one night (on the street) and accepted a challenge. His best friend was his only passenger and was killed when the car overturned after the front wheel hit the curb.

In an all-out effort to offer an alternative to street racing, the local track has street class racing nearly every weekend, in addition to their usual schedule.

it wasnt a convertable, just a ragtop.. probably not much better but its just like a moonroof but cloth instead of glass.

i know what your talking about, had freind hit a patch of sand when going about 80mph on a slight turn, he hit a colver in the ditch, the car fliped end over end as he was ejected through the T-tops and the camaro landed on top of him, killing him... that was a real shity night... he wasnt wareing a seatbelt.

Back