Friday the 13th ... any chance the Market will go up today?

Why would it?? What has changed??

All day news was negative-wallstreet/business news as well as the regulars.

Not looking good for the admin-thus pence learning on the job to keep the lid on it & the truth about the mishandling & how far behind the 8ball this country actually is..

hell, even what few tests they do have are not all complete according to newsome.........

Not looking good for the admin-thus pence learning on the job to keep the lid on it & the truth about the mishandling & how far behind the 8ball this country actually is..

hell, even what few tests they do have are not all complete according to newsome.........

The hospital my GF works at in a small PA. town has plenty of supplies and is ready if patients appear. They even have schedules for the staff. The reason it doesn't look good to you is your obvious partisanship.

Futures are pointing UP.
(real? ... or head fake?)

U.S. stocks jumped and European indexes recovered some ground a day after Wall Street’s worst day in more than three decades, while most Asian shares closed lower after a volatile session.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/coronavirus

BTW, nice self-portrait. Did your kid's dad take it?

It's not uncommon for the markets to go up the day after a major decline, because what happens then, is that bargain hunters come in and bid the markets up, but will it hold????????????

The hospital my GF works at in a small PA. town has plenty of supplies and is ready if patients appear. They even have schedules for the staff. The reason it doesn't look good to you is your obvious partisanship.

Do they have the complete test kits??

Believe what suits you.

I don't believe this is being handled well.

Nothing to do w/ politics, that needs to be left out, unfortunately we have politicians instead of medical experts running the fight against this.....

Hope she & her coworkers stays safe & healthy on the front lines..

Last edited:
Futures are pointing UP.
(real? ... or head fake?)

Yes, saw that last night, as Asian Markets were looking bad w/ a couple exceptions....

IMHO the Market is running on adrenaline & lots of fear-I'm sitting on the side lines for now...

It's not uncommon for the markets to go up the day after a major decline, because what happens then, is that bargain hunters come in and bid the markets up, but will it hold????????????

Exactly....

IMHO certain sectors are not going to recover for a long time, or a war...

The day aint over yet.

What trump says today can change this bounce in a heart beat......

Yes, saw that last night, as Asian Markets were looking bad w/ a couple exceptions....

IMHO the Market is running on adrenaline & lots of fear-I'm sitting on the side lines for now...

:)
Yeah. Well, once it drops 10% ... 15% ... 20%, it's makes me want to nibble as it goes down. One, I lower my cost average, and two, I add to my position. I'm not a Trader, I'm in this for the long haul. No one magically buys in at the very bottom, that's just wishful thinking. If there's an announcement tomorrow about a Vaccine, the Market could be back up to where it was in a matter of days.

Yeah. Well, once it drops 10% ... 15% ... 20%, it's makes me want to nibble as it goes down. One, I lower my cost average, and two, I add to my position. I'm not a Trader, I'm in this for the long haul. No one magically buys in at the very bottom, that's just wishful thinking. If there's an announcement tomorrow about a Vaccine, the Market could be back up to where it was in a matter of days.

I sold a lot early last year thinking this would happen, nibbled back in & then in Dec 2019 I sold some of my biggest holdings which are obviously down now..

I am sitting on some cash I am eager to put back in, but I want the smoke to clear first...

Do they have the complete test kits??

Believe what suits you.

I don't believe this is being handled well.

Nothing to do w/ politics, that needs to be left out, unfortunately we have politicians instead of medical experts running the fight against this.....

Hope she & her coworkers stays safe & healthy on the front lines..

She said they say they are prepared. I doubt they are lying. Why would they?

I'll believe them over you.

You wouldn't be saying that if a Dem was in charge, despite your denial.

I believe the CDC is calling the shots, per their recommendations.

Thanks. I believe they will be fine.

She said they say they are prepared. I doubt they are lying. Why would they?

I'll believe them over you.

You wouldn't be saying that if a Dem was in charge, despite your denial.

I believe the CDC is calling the shots, per their recommendations.

Thanks. I believe they will be fine.

So you don't know...
Hope it works out for her-stay safe.......

I sold a lot early last year thinking this would happen, nibbled back in & then in Dec 2019 I sold some of my biggest holdings which are obviously down now..

I am sitting on some cash I am eager to put back in, but I want the smoke to clear first...

Maybe Trump will tell us he is declaring this a National Emergency. Will stop blaming Democrats. And will acknowledge this is NOT a Hoax?
Pelosi has just come out with a 'Families First' plan. That should alleviate a lot of problems like being laid off and being able to get unemployment and free testing.

Maybe Trump will tell us he is declaring this a National Emergency. Will stop blaming Democrats. And will acknowledge this is NOT a Hoax?
Pelosi has just come out with a 'Families First' plan. That should alleviate a lot of problems like being laid off and being able to get unemployment and free testing.

Hopefully.. I doubt it though & would love to be wrong..

This is a real test for him, ppl getting sick & having friends & relatives dying won't much care for his blaming others-the buck stops there..

So you don't know...
Hope it works out for her-stay safe.......

I trust our healthcare teams around here. I have good reason to.

I don't see a problem, her colleagues are not worried.
Taking mom out for dinner tonight. Scallops are on special and she loves them.

She said she was at the grocery store today. Said the people are nuts in there!
Carts full of toilet paper, you have to go to the office to get hand sanitizer, it's
limited to two per customer and canned goods are flying off the shelves...

I trust our healthcare teams around here. I have good reason to.

I don't see a problem, her colleagues are not worried.
Taking mom out for dinner tonight. Scallops are on special and she loves them.

She said she was at the grocery store today. Said the people are nuts in there!
Carts full of toilet paper, you have to go to the office to get hand sanitizer, it's
limited to two per customer and canned goods are flying off the shelves...

Sadly it is happening out here as well, & there is no sanitizer available like Purell.......

Was @ the store yesterday & almost all the TP was gone.....

Why ppl are so worried about that, of all things & water is crazy.......

I hope that ppl stop panicking now that they have their safety blankets..

He isn't blaming Dems. He's blaming them for making it out to be much more than it is compared to other strands of the flu and trying prevent the country from going into a widespread panic. Unfortunately, with every major and many local sporting events being cancelled and the country starting to panic, I guess he failed in that respect.

Are you hiding under your bed?

Back