From Rich to Les?

• Thread starter Thread starter WinterBorn
  • Start date Start date
It looks like Michigan wants to go back to more old school Michigan power football. The challenge for the new coach is RichRod has spent three years bringing in smaller type players to fit his spread scheme. It seems like it will take a few years to get these current smaller players out of the program and recruit the desired power players back in.

He won't beat OSU anytime soon, but he'll have massive upside vs battling Giants every week in the SEC. He'll kill MSU from day 1.

Well, it looks like Les is staying at LSU...or at least he won't be going to Michigan. Turned 'em down.

It looks like Michigan wants to go back to more old school Michigan power football. The challenge for the new coach is RichRod has spent three years bringing in smaller type players to fit his spread scheme. It seems like it will take a few years to get these current smaller players out of the program and recruit the desired power players back in.

That would be making the same mistake in reverse that they did with RichRod. I think michigan wants a man who can win with the cards that are dealt to him. I think the best argument for Hoke is that he took one of the weakest midmajors, Ball State, and took them to a 12-1 season. He then took SDSU to it's first winning seasin since the 90s and it's first bowl win since 69. Winning at a major program like OK State and LSU is one thing but going 12-1 at Ball State is quite another. I personally think that Hoke is hungrier and he understands the culture of michigan football. I'm sure Miles would do well but I think Hokes the better pick.

Back