Fullpolitics.com

Both had their merits. Though, I must admit over the years I've moved toward Hamilton. Jefferson's view of things was a bit too simplistic sometimes. Hamilton's ideology actually fits pretty well with the world we have today.

Well, reading the Federalist papers, Hamilton always seemed obsessed with preventing the US from dividing up (which was one reason he was put on the $10 after the Civil War - he's a symbol of national unity), and also making the US into a powerful and successful country. Madison, on the other hand, seemed much more interested in the philosophical and historical side. Of course, later Madison changed his mind on a lot of things.

Last edited:
Well, reading the Federalist papers, Hamilton always seemed obsessed with preventing the US from dividing up (which was one reason he was put on the $10 after the Civil War - he's a symbol of national unity), and also making the US into a powerful and successful country. Madison, on the other hand, seemed much more interested in the philosophical and historical side. Of course, later Madison changed his mind on a lot of things.

Like the National Bank. Both Jefferson (Louisianna Purchase) and Madison could behave practically in extreme situations, which was fortunate. Unfortunately, their stupid Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions resulted in more harm than any good resulting from their long political careers (and I'll concede that Adams is a third player who deserves credit for provoking those resultions).

Also, how the hell did you get a photo of my throw pillow? :cof1:

Back