Funniest Show on TV?

charver said:
I know what you mean about 'Are You Being Served?'. It simply refuses to die. If i switch the satellite on now i'll have, at least, an 83% chance of finding it somewhere. It's very reminiscent of the Living Dead.

LOL, can I make a confession, I don't even know what its about, I know the two to three seconds that its on my screen I can't stand it being there.

charver said:
I know what you mean about 'Are You Being Served?'. It simply refuses to die. If i switch the satellite on now i'll have, at least, an 83% chance of finding it somewhere. It's very reminiscent of the Living Dead.

And it is so very painful to watch... Thankfully it isn't a very good example of Brit Comedy.

LadyT said:
I agree. I didn't discover that show until a few months ago. Ever since I've watched every episode on Demand religiously. Did you see the one with the racist dog and lesbians?

I was (still am) a big Sienfeld fan .. and you can really see the genius behind Sienfeld by watching Curb. I had the same experience.. a friend kept telling me to watch it ..and I finally did .. and yes the Lesbian/Dog episode is classic .. lol

HBO is the best .. Im lookin forward to the new season of Rome ....

LadyT said:
LOL, can I make a confession, I don't even know what its about, I know the two to three seconds that its on my screen I can't stand it being there.

Invariably, every episode revolves around cramming in as many references to an elderly woman's cat as possible, in an attempt to mislead the audience that they are actually referencing a different kind of 'pussy' altogether. Sheer genius.

Oscar Wilde, eat your heart out.

klaatu said:
I was (still am) a big Sienfeld fan .. and you can really see the genius behind Sienfeld by watching Curb. I had the same experience.. a friend kept telling me to watch it ..and I finally did .. and yes the Lesbian/Dog episode is classic .. lol

HBO is the best .. Im lookin forward to the new season of Rome ....

I know! If you're a seinfeld fan, this show is great. The thing is, George was always my favorite character and I feel like he parodies him a lot in the show. Sheer genius.

charver said:
Invariably, every episode revolves around cramming in as many references to an elderly woman's cat as possible, in an attempt to mislead the audience that they are actually referencing a different kind of 'pussy' altogether. Sheer genius.

I'll take you're word for it. I don't think I'll be verifying that one anytime soon.

charver said:

That and references to the skinny guy's gayness... Definitely genius.

Sadly, I'm missing both the Larry-David-is-funny gene and the Seinfeld-is-funny gene. I know I'm in the minority, especially on that last. Oh well. My brother's left-handed so maybe that's why?

:confused:

OrnotBitwise said:
Sadly, I'm missing both the Larry-David-is-funny gene and the Seinfeld-is-funny gene. I know I'm in the minority, especially on that last. Oh well. My brother's left-handed so maybe that's why?

:confused:

Thats ok.. because I never got the funny off of Monty Python ... while all my friends were rolling on the floor ... I was going huh?

Now SCTV ... that was funny .....

LadyT said:
I know! If you're a seinfeld fan, this show is great. The thing is, George was always my favorite character and I feel like he parodies him a lot in the show. Sheer genius.

character of george was always based off of larry david.. and in curb larry basically plays himself... so there you go.

Back