Funny Joke on O'Reilly

Robdawg

From O'Reillys Talking points

The truth is that most American Christians are sincere people trying to lead good lives. They're not a threat. They're not trying to impose their beliefs on anyone.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247080,00.html

no of course not.... hmmmm what about that lawmaker from Virginia who wanted to FORCE the muslim lawmaker to take his oath on the bible instead of the Quaran??

seems like thats imposing belief...

however NOT 1 MENTION of that in his talking points...

hypocritical

me thinks so.

i was watching a show about homes in jersey... .it was on home and garden they help families find houses... 400K in Jersey doesn't buy anything@!!!

LadyT you read that post of mine about a bear in Jersey ? And the cat that treed it ?
I did not know you had bears up there.

i was watching a show about homes in jersey... .it was on home and garden they help families find houses... 400K in Jersey doesn't buy anything@!!!

Well, it depends on where you live in Jersey. If you're way south, then you can make out lovely. Most people want to be near the Shore, Philly or NYC. Those area's will definitely cost you. But the market is crashing down around us.....thank god!

LadyT you read that post of mine about a bear in Jersey ? And the cat that treed it ?
I did not know you had bears up there.

No. I didn't read it, but I do there are bears around here. Actually my ex-boss has them in his area and there was one fishing around his house when he and his family were there. They had to call the cops. That incident actually changed my views on gun control.

From O'Reillys Talking points

The truth is that most American Christians are sincere people trying to lead good lives. They're not a threat. They're not trying to impose their beliefs on anyone.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247080,00.html

no of course not.... hmmmm what about that lawmaker from Virginia who wanted to FORCE the muslim lawmaker to take his oath on the bible instead of the Quaran??

seems like thats imposing belief...

however NOT 1 MENTION of that in his talking points...

hypocritical

me thinks so.
I'd bet that O'Reilly would say that he was an exception to the rule. Most christians were not out walking the streets with signs, etc. When did O'Reilly say that the guy should have to use the bible? Do you have a quote or do you assume what he thought because you don't like him?

Really, you have to express an opposite view of something to be hypocritical. I don't know if there is a quote of such a thing from O'Reilly, but if there is I would agree to hypocritical dialogue, until I see such a thing it seems to me that people assume his assertion that the muslim should use a bible rather than a koran for their photo-op after they take the actual oath...

I've attempted to find one quote positive or negative and have yet to find even one. Therefore how could he be considered a hypocrite for an opinion he hasn't asserted?

Anyway, as I said, I don't assume he hasn't made some sort of statement on it, I just can't fine one.

No. I didn't read it, but I do there are bears around here. Actually my ex-boss has them in his area and there was one fishing around his house when he and his family were there. They had to call the cops. That incident actually changed my views on gun control.

Was the bear breaking a law ?

I'd bet that O'Reilly would say that he was an exception to the rule. Most christians were not out walking the streets with signs, etc. When did O'Reilly say that the guy should have to use the bible? Do you have a quote or do you assume what he thought because you don't like him?

Really, you have to express an opposite view of something to be hypocritical. I don't know if there is a quote of such a thing from O'Reilly, but if there is I would agree to hypocritical dialogue, until I see such a thing it seems to me that people assume his assertion that the muslim should use a bible rather than a koran for their photo-op after they take the actual oath...

I've attempted to find one quote positive or negative and have yet to find even one. Therefore how could he be considered a hypocrite for an opinion he hasn't asserted?

Anyway, as I said, I don't assume he hasn't made some sort of statement on it, I just can't fine one.
Personally, I find it really funny that O'Really is accusing the Militant Left -- a group which I think he'd have a difficult time defining in any consistent way -- of behaving toward Christians in exactly the same way he and his have behaved toward Muslims.

The shoe pinches a mite when it's on the other foot, eh?

The fact remains that there are indeed Militant Christians and they are some scary shit. They need to be exposed: we need to be mindful of their shenanigans. On the other hand, they are a small minority within Christianity, obviously.

It would help if other, mainstream Christians would stand up and denounce these reactionaries.

where do you live?? most holyrollers are out knocking on people's doors trying to recruit them and get their money to save their soul. i don't see where you don't think they are trying to get into your wallet.

where do you live?? most holyrollers are out knocking on people's doors trying to recruit them and get their money to save their soul. i don't see where you don't think they are trying to get into your wallet.
And that has a point in a conversation about swearing on the Koran and O'Reilly exactly how? You made a point of "hypocrisy" and didn't back it up then give this as an argument for O'Reilly's hypocrisy?

You aren't making any sense, man!

And now the gummit helps them get into our wallets, with the bush faith based initiative thingy. It saves us the trouble of deciding to donate ;)

Back