Gaaaahhhhh! Another Frickin' Kidney Stone!

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
I've been exercising and trying to get back in shape, drinking water like it tasted good... no avail.

I wouldn't say I'm back in shape though, considering I quit smoking again (I fell off the wagon, but this time I'm absolutely done with it, there really is a difference in how I think of it than I did when I "quit" in the past. I can't explain it, but this is the last time I quit, I'm no longer a smoker), and gained some weight...

I'm hoping that as I get back in shape I'll stop some of these, but even if I don't they're something I've learned to live with...

Amazing what you can learn to endure...

One positive about them:

No physical torture would be enough to make me tell any secret...

I've been exercising and trying to get back in shape, drinking water like it tasted good... no avail.

I wouldn't say I'm back in shape though, considering I quit smoking again (I fell off the wagon, but this time I'm absolutely done with it, there really is a difference in how I think of it than I did when I "quit" in the past. I can't explain it, but this is the last time I quit, I'm no longer a smoker), and gained some weight...

I'm hoping that as I get back in shape I'll stop some of these, but even if I don't they're something I've learned to live with...

One positive about them:

I keep telling folks....karma.

Sorry, amigo, that sucks.

Are you sure, not even werewolf secrets. ;)

One positive about them:

Foods that can prevent kidney stones:
Bottled water
Oranges
Yogurt
Lentils
Foods that can cause kidney stones:
Black tea
Beets
Spinach
Potato chips

This is from Dr Oz

I am sure you know all this!

Apparently, the world record for most kidney stones produced and passed is held by Don Winfield of Ontario. He managed 6,504 (by 2010).

Are you far off that, Damo? Have you silted up any urinals yet?

One positive about them:

We all sympathize, Damo.

Foods that can prevent kidney stones:
Bottled water
Oranges
Yogurt
Lentils
Foods that can cause kidney stones:
Black tea
Beets
Spinach
Potato chips

This is from Dr Oz

I am sure you know all this!

It actually depends on type of kidney stone. Some of this can cause kidney stones...

And I'm allergic to Potato chips.

If you have uric kidney stones, spinach, beets, dark vegetables are bad and can cause kidney stones, as can oranges.

If you have the other type other foods are bad...

My problem. I get both types.

Apparently, the world record for most kidney stones produced and passed is held by Don Winfield of Ontario. He managed 6,504 (by 2010).

Are you far off that, Damo? Have you silted up any urinals yet?

He's had waaay more than I. I've had one every 3 months or so for about 4 years now.

I've begun an exercise regimen that should get me back in shape, which should limit the stones as well as drinking a ton of water.

My grandfather in law had one every two weeks for years and years, until he committed suicide. My wife never knew him, it happened before she was born.

I keep telling folks....karma.

Let me see how that works out.

Hitler, can't bear to give a gold medal to a black man, kills millions of Jews, Gypsies, gays, blacks through systematic killing machines... no kidney stones.

Me, father of 3, one adopted. Works with inner city kids to help them get their CCNA certs so kids who choose not to go to college have a viable job path, works with homeless at Step 13... Kidney stones.

Your theory sucks.

He's had waaay more than I. I've had one every 3 months or so for about 4 years now.

I've begun an exercise regimen that should get me back in shape, which should limit the stones as well as drinking a ton of water.

My grandfather in law had one every two weeks for years and years, until he committed suicide. My wife never knew him, it happened before she was born.

What a sad thing. He must have had unbelievable pain!

That is the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. He should've had a free flowing scrip of opiates.

What a sad thing. He must have had unbelievable pain!

I couldn't imagine having them that often, but then most can't imagine what the pain is like at all. Women who have had children understand it, but those that I know who have also had kidney stones tell me that they'd rather have children than stones when comparing pain levels...

I actually have to go to the bathroom so often that my manager noticed it and my teachers have commented on it. One reason I think I may have diabetes. Also, anytime I have any sugar I become incredibly fatigued for the rest of the day and my mind feels like it's wrapped in a fog. But, this uber-peeing probably clears out any kidney stones.

When I am emperor, kidney stones will be banned.

I actually have to go to the bathroom so often that my manager noticed it and my teachers have commented on it. One reason I think I may have diabetes. Also, anytime I have any sugar I become incredibly fatigued for the rest of the day and my mind feels like it's wrapped in a fog. But, this uber-peeing probably clears out any kidney stones.

When I am emperor, kidney stones will be banned.

All hail Emperor Watermark.

One positive about them:

I do hope your stopping smoking and anything else leads to your getting rid of the stones. Damn, they sound painful!

Back