Gas Prices Drop 11 Cents to $3 a Gallon

Ahh, thanks for the truth, I realize just was not sure you did.

I forsee much more regulation in the oil companies futures.

because you are stupid, Hillary is not. We'll see I see a lot of jawboning and nothing else. They know cutting supply would create Jimmy Carter lines again

because you are stupid, Hillary is not. We'll see I see a lot of jawboning and nothing else. They know cutting supply would create Jimmy Carter lines again
Not cut supply, just regulate profit margin. Public utilities did this for many years and did well.

regulating profit is cutting supply us, that's my whole point with you had you gone to college or read the wall street journal for a couple years you would understand this and not believe in the boogy man.

Cypress two degrees UNO & Loyola

Maybe not as highly rated as Cal but affective non the less.
Hey, I place out of College English at Delgado Juco before starting. That should have all of you rolling on the floor.:clink:

Hmm it did not cut our electric supply, but deregulating for Enron sure did cut the supply. Many public utilities in this country still have to get approval for rate increases. The oil companies are pretty much a utility.
And everyone in the market knows aour utilities are all broke and making no money :rolleyes:

you contradict yourself with the last statement.
Oil companies only similarity to utilities is that it's energy.
Much more risk involved in drilling wells, can you say dryhole?

Hmm it did not cut our electric supply, but deregulating for Enron sure did cut the supply. Many public utilities in this country still have to get approval for rate increases. The oil companies are pretty much a utility.
And everyone in the market knows aour utilities are all broke and making no money :rolleyes:
However, they do not have the option to sell it elsewhere.

If you were a company that had a choice to sell it to the USA at a miniscule profit because of laws, or to a developing country like China or India at a higher profit margin where would you sell your product?

If it was a zero sum game and the supply would be here regardless I can see your plan working, if it was not it is likely it would simply steepen the shortages that are predicted in the future.

In short, it would put the US as last in line for the needed supply of power it takes to run our nation.

you contradict yourself with the last statement.
Oil companies only similarity to utilities is that it's energy.
Much more risk involved in drilling wells, can you say dryhole?

And natural gas comes from where spin ?
Come on now I am sure you know the answer.....
Natural gas is a regulated utility in many places.

Dipstick the utility companies buy natural gas from the oil companies they don't go out and drill the wells.

And natural gas comes from where spin ?
Come on now I am sure you know the answer.....
Natural gas is a regulated utility in many places.
How much natural gas comes from foreign sources? Look it up. It is easier to regulate a product that is so directly linked than it is to regulate a product that they don't have to deliver to the US at all if they don't want to and find that they can get a larger profit elsewhere.

Also I don't think the price is so much regulated, they are probably allowed so much extra to pass on after buying gas from the oil companies.

Also I don't think the price is so much regulated, they are probably allowed so much extra to pass on after buying gas from the oil companies.
This is exactly how it is regulated. They can only sell for so much above wholesale cost. However, if it was a transported commodity, if natural gas was constantly traveling overseas to get to your house, those transporting it would first transport their product to where the profit margins were highest, it would simply limit the amount of product we had.

Prices might be "low" but it would seriously decrease the amount delivered here and we'd likely have shortages. Supply and demand doesn't work when only a portion of the market is regulated in such a way, it just creates shortages for the place of regulation.

I guess us buying gas and paying contractorsto haul it into Iraq and selling for around .20/gal does not work for the Iraqi ?

why can't we get this deal here ?

Gas Prices Drop 11 Cents to $3 a Gallon
Sunday June 24, 8:47 pm ET
Nation's Gas Prices Drop 11 Cents to Average of $3 Per Gallon, According to Survey

CAMARILLO, Calif. (AP) -- The average price of gasoline across the country dropped about 11 cents over the last two weeks, according to a national survey released Sunday. Regular gasoline, which peaked at $3.18 in May, dropped to $3 a gallon, oil industry analyst Trilby Lundberg said. Mid-grade averaged $3.11, and premium was $3.22.

YAY!

Back