George Carlin Expires

George Carlin was one of the greatest comedians of all time. He helped us laugh and see the world a little differently.

He was a lover of the spoken and written word. He was sarcastic and had a biting humor.

He took his Seven Words to the US Supreme Court.

I had several of his albums back in the day.

In my mind he was brilliant throughout his entire career. We have lost a major talent and a voice of reason that had the gift of making us laugh,

He will be missed. I hope he gets his soul off the roof.

Last edited:
Carlin Quotes

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.

Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

I think it would be interesting if old people got anti-Alzheimer's disease where they slowly began to recover other people's lost memories.

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.

When someone is impatient and says, "I haven't got all day," I always wonder, How can that be? How can you not have all day?

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.

Death is caused by swallowing small amounts of saliva over a long period of time.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.

I think it would be interesting if old people got anti-Alzheimer's disease where they slowly began to recover other people's lost memories.

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.

Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Yep all good Stuff and speaking of stuff, per Carlin our McMansion craze is just to have a place to put "our stuff".

This man was one of my favorite hyuman beings on the planet.

The world just got a little less sane and a lot less funny.

The man thought just like me. Everything he said made me laugh and shake my head at the same time.

I will truely miss his presence on earth.

I like Gallagher a bit better, Carlin do open up some peoples eyes to a different way of looking at things though.

The "tonight's forcast: dark" was from his Hippy Dippy Weather Man routine which was a larger part of a radio spoof he did for a made up station called WINO. It is one of my favorites. He was in El Paso Texas a few years ago and I won tickets to the show from a local radio station. I got to meet with him after the show and he did a portion of it again. He was not the typical comedian. His comedy was smart. While Dennis Miller, when he was funny, used to say that his first joke was for the whole audience, and that his second joke was for about 10% of the audience and the last joke was for the one guy WAY in the back, Carlin's humor was ALWAYS aimed at the 10%. I rarely belly laffed at Carlin, but I always went "wow he's right." His humor and his intelligence will be sorely missed in the world of comedy.

Anyone who thought Carlin wasnt that funny just did not get the majority of his humor.
Or they got it and thought it wasn't funny.

It's like somebody who really loves lasagna saying that if you don't like it, it is because you don't have a palate. Sometimes people just like things differently than you do.

Back