Get-together

You just don't want to spring for the flight you cheap bastard. Come to Vegas, I"ll buy you your first drink but you gotta promise me to stop by JR's on your way to the Airport and pick me up a good Cigar!!
I have no desire whatsoever to visit Vegas. I'd like to meet you for a drink Mott but some of these posters here are downright creepy; stalkers. In fact have your wife bring her bikini and the hot tub is open.

Well though there is a certain artistic beauty to that technique all you would really need to do is swing down hard, at an oblique angle, with the edge of the shovel and hit the junction of the neck and shoulder and it would be lights out forever, but be that as it may, the shovel would be worthless for bustin up that rock hard sun baked dessert soil. Been there done that. You'd have to have a pick axe.
Why bury the bodies? Leave them out in the open and they'd disintegrate faster.

I've been to several of these "get togethers" and it is interesting to see how on-line personalities match up with the "live and in-person" personalities.

As for me.....I'm the same asshole in person that I am on-line. :gives:

I have been to a few chat room get-togethers too. The shift from what we imagine the peole to be, to the reality of who they are, is odd. But I think being able to get face to face with some of my friends here would be a blast.

I have no desire whatsoever to visit Vegas. I'd like to meet you for a drink Mott but some of these posters here are downright creepy; stalkers. In fact have your wife bring her bikini and the hot tub is open.
I kinda have to agree with you about Vegas. It has no appeal for me what so ever. I think the only good argument for Vegas is lots of hotels and lots of cheap flights there.

Personally I'd prefer a place with a little bit more soul to it and some political history and one that is, ideally, centrally located with a diverse population.

My vote would be for Memphis, TN. We could see if they have rooms available at the Civil Rights Museum.

Last edited:

OK, but I'll wear the bikini, since that's what you really want.

I kinda have to agree with you about Vegas. It has no appeal for me what so ever. I think the only good argument for Vegas is lots of hotels and lots of cheap flights there.

Personally I'd prefer a place with a little bit more soul to it and some political history and one that is, ideally, centrally located with a diverse population.

My vote would be for Memphis, TN. We could see if they have rooms available at the Civil Rights Museum.

If you want all those things, I'd suggest New Orleans.

More soul than any place, more flavor, better food, and the best music.

If we go to Memphis, I think we should stay at the Peabody.

I have been to a few chat room get-togethers too. The shift from what we imagine the peole to be, to the reality of who they are, is odd. But I think being able to get face to face with some of my friends here would be a blast.

I always had a great time at the ones I attended.

I agree with "The shift from what we imagine the people to be, to the reality of who they are, is odd." It turned out we were all just "regular" folks.

Atlanta would be nice, perhaps the MLK museum. But last time I was there the car next to me was broken into.

Vegas is good because it's centrally located. We have a fair amount of posters on both sides and, aside from Desh, everyone would have about the same travel time (not counting our British posters, but they have a long journey anyways). Not to mention great food, free drinks (or so I'm told), great lodging, etc. And I have a free vacation there, so naturally I'm pulling for Vegas.

I always here people refer to Nashville as NashVegas. My unit from Germany is meeting there in the summer of 2011.

Everyone could meet in AZ, seeing as how the room rates will be really cheap.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry, I couldn't resist; plus I have the added enjoyment of saying it before the pro-illegal immigration people do.

Everyone could meet in AZ, seeing as how the room rates will be really cheap.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Sorry, I couldn't resist; plus I have the added enjoyment of saying it before the pro-illegal immigration people do.
And the electric bill should be low due to a slight oversupply.

Back