Good Bad News

uscitizen

Villified User
Last Updated: Friday, 7 September 2007, 18:33 GMT 19:33 UK

Struggling US snack foods giant Krispy Kreme slid deeper into the red as second quarter losses grew to $27m (£13.3m) from $4.6m in 2006.

Shares in the doughnut maker fell 25% in reaction to the latest bad news to hit Krispy Kreme, which is in the midst of a restructuring operation.

Healthier eating trends were one of the factors blamed for declining sales.

Competition from rival Dunkin'Donuts and franchisees filing for bankruptcy have also damaged Krispy Kreme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6984282.stm

Last Updated: Friday, 7 September 2007, 18:33 GMT 19:33 UK

Struggling US snack foods giant Krispy Kreme slid deeper into the red as second quarter losses grew to $27m (£13.3m) from $4.6m in 2006.

Shares in the doughnut maker fell 25% in reaction to the latest bad news to hit Krispy Kreme, which is in the midst of a restructuring operation.

Healthier eating trends were one of the factors blamed for declining sales.

Competition from rival Dunkin'Donuts and franchisees filing for bankruptcy have also damaged Krispy Kreme.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6984282.stm

Not surprising. I never got the whole Krispy Kreme thing. When they first opened around here, it was a big deal. Oh, they opened a Krispy Kreme! People were so excited, but I had never heard of them. Finally I had a Krispy Kreme. I'm not a big donut person to begin with, but these were not good donuts. It just went to show you, if you create a big enough buzz surrounding something, it doesn't have to be good to sell. People are stupid.

Not surprising. I never got the whole Krispy Kreme thing. When they first opened around here, it was a big deal. Oh, they opened a Krispy Kreme! People were so excited, but I had never heard of them. Finally I had a Krispy Kreme. I'm not a big donut person to begin with, but these were not good donuts. It just went to show you, if you create a big enough buzz surrounding something, it doesn't have to be good to sell. People are stupid.
Did you buy it fresh? That makes a big difference.

Yes, I'm with usc. It was fresh Damo. But slimey is a good word. If I'm going to have a donut (and that's only if there are no bagels around), then give me a Dunkin Donut's strawberry frosted.

I don't like donuts, they are too sweet. Especially the ones with frosting. I've never liked frosting.

But Dunkin Donuts have the best coffee. Don't tell Starbucks though.

I don't like donuts, they are too sweet. Especially the ones with frosting. I've never liked frosting.

Well, the Krispey Kreme donuts are sickeningly sweet.

I love bagels. I should go get a bagel right now. Bagels are awesome. You guys who don't live in NY, you don't know because you eat those frozen Lenders bagels and think you had a bagel.

But Dunkin Donuts have the best coffee. Don't tell Starbucks though.

That's one thing we agree on Damo! Amazing. Dunkin Donuts does have the best coffee.

Yes, I'm with usc. It was fresh Damo. But slimey is a good word. If I'm going to have a donut (and that's only if there are no bagels around), then give me a Dunkin Donut's strawberry frosted.

Bagels, Just Jewish doughnuts :)

But are good if fresh.

Well, the Krispey Kreme donuts are sickeningly sweet.

I love bagels. I should go get a bagel right now. Bagels are awesome. You guys who don't live in NY, you don't know because you eat those frozen Lenders bagels and think you had a bagel.
Nah, we have real bagels here too. What you think there are no Jews in Colorado? How could they run the world without spreading around to all 50 states?

Yeah Charver, if we just had Hagis shops instead of doughnut shops we would be lots thinner.

Haggis is a peculiar Scotch invention made for the underdeveloped Scotch palette and anathema to the civilised Englishman.

An English gentlemen would probably frequent the Black Pudding emporium. Although not being vampiric in tendency myself i turn my nose up at such establishments.

Haggis is a peculiar Scotch invention made for the underdeveloped Scotch palette and anathema to the civilised Englishman.

An English gentlemen would probably frequent the Black Pudding emporium. Although not being vampiric in tendency myself i turn my nose up at such establishments.
It is also one of the few dishes that isn't deep fried.

Yeah blood pudding too yech. That would thin us down.
I am reasonably certain this foul concoction is served only to see how many tourists from America will actually put it in their mouths, this way they get to laugh behind our backs.

Back