Google question

Cancel7

Banned
http://www.google.com/

Can someone check out the google home page, and tell me what their picture is supposed to signify for today? I love google’s artwork that they put up for different holidays, but I have no idea what today is, and what those are supposed to be? There’s nothing on my calendar.

today is my birthday :party:

All all over the world should tremble at my words and dance for me to the tune of "It's raining men".

The artwork is by Jeff Koons. It's a special drawing based on his previous work "Tulip Balloons." The tulips are in honor of April 30, Queen's Day (Netherlands).

Does anyone recognize that DonQ's avatar is by Picasso?

If you look under the Google search box, there is a comment/question with a link, I believe this will explain things for you.

What happens when great art mixes with your homepage? iGoogle Artist Themes

It appears as if they are introducing themes for your homepage using the work of well known artists.

The artwork is by Jeff Koons. It's a special drawing based on his previous work "Tulip Balloons." The tulips are in honor of April 30, Queen's Day (Netherlands).

Yes. It is, of course, Don Quixote. One of my favorite pieces from Picasso.

Aha, so that's what "Koninginnedag" means! My calendar gives the word and that the holiday is in the Netherlands, but beyond "dag" I didn't understand the meaning.l

Will have to look at DQ's avatar again.

Back