APP - gop/rnc considering 'purity' questionnaire

The Democrats are going to suffer whether or not they pass healthcare. 1994 wasn't made any better because the Democrats failed to do anything.

I think Obama did nurture the perception that he could provide healthcare to millions of Americans without tax raises. Maybe his plan would have worked like that. But once in office all he basically did was tell congress to make a bill (because he knew that if he tried to force one on them like Clinton it would go badly).

Congress had different views on healthcare. Most Obama supporters will continue to support him anyway, and the coalition is already fractured whether or not the bill gets passed.

IMHO, this is just reason that party executives and the leadership in the legislature need to get together before the election to form a coherent plan. The executive is often elected because of his bully pulpit to force his legislative promises through, but he doesn't really have the power to do jack shit without the support of the leadership in the legislature.

all the opposition needs to do is win one senate seat to enforce their agenda of not letting bho pass anything critical to bho's agenda

If the Blue Dogs want to vote against healthcare they should become Republicans or make their own party. I'm not even talking about going to the lengths the parliamentary countries do, but there should at least be a requirement that you vote for the major changes the PARTY PROMISED AND WAS ELECTED TO BRING ABOUT.

you're forgetting that the only reason the Democrats became the majority party was because it ran the blue dogs for office in conservative areas.....the blue dogs were elected on different promises than the rest of your dogs.......

you're forgetting that the only reason the Democrats became the majority party was because it ran the blue dogs for office in conservative areas.....the blue dogs were elected on different promises than the rest of your dogs.......
uhh you failed to mention that us Blue dogs became blue dogs because the wingnuts ran us out of the Republican party. Though I'm one Blue Dog who agrees with health care reform. It's long over due. The propaganda people buy into about health care reform in this country is just short of laughable, if not outright insane.

uhh you failed to mention that us Blue dogs became blue dogs because the wingnuts ran us out of the Republican party. Though I'm one Blue Dog who agrees with health care reform. It's long over due. The propaganda people buy into about health care reform in this country is just short of laughable, if not outright insane.

dang, you never mentioned you were in Congress......are you from Arizona's 15th District?.....

We have a majority in the house greater than the caucus of the Blue Dogs, and most Blue Dogs vote for our agenda regardless. Again, if you're going to vote against cap and trade and healthcare, then there's a party for you. It's not the Democrats.

You're not a Blue Dog.

We can pass things easily in the house.

The main problem is that the Democrats choose to abide by filibusters which conservatives ignored in their term in office. We should follow their lead.

you do that....push your agenda through regardless of the public reaction.....I'm sure that once they experience liberal utopia they will thank you for it.....:clink:

The Blue Dogs should form their own party, so we can wipe them out in 2010, or become Republicans. They should not be given the honor of putting a D behind their name.

Back