Gov Adds Regulations to Airlines, Delays Result, So Now More Gov is the Solution?

I thought I would add this from the article Dano links to above:

OMG!!11! WTF!!! Regulation worked.

The moral of the story here is that the delays are largely due to airlines scheduling more flights than the airports can handle or scheduling all flights under optimal conditions which rarely exist.

The delays have little to do with "government force."

Service has been cutback. You call that working?

This is standard operating procedure. The government creates a problem with regulation. Decides to solve it with more regulation and government takeovers. Then when it fails to provide the service adequately blames the customer for using too much of the service and begins rationing.

In this case they create problem by not allowing airlines to protect their passengers. They further go out of their way to protect them from liability. And of course, the government has no obligation to protect citizens. The terrorist take advantage of this and the government answer is to take over security and slow everything. But they have solved the problem now by denying service.

Service has been cutback. You call that working?

This is standard operating procedure. The government creates a problem with regulation. Decides to solve it with more regulation and government takeovers. Then when it fails to provide the service adequately blames the customer for using too much of the service and begins rationing.

In this case they create problem by not allowing airlines to protect their passengers. They further go out of their way to protect them from liability. And of course, the government has no obligation to protect citizens. The terrorist take advantage of this and the government answer is to take over security and slow everything. But they have solved the problem now by denying service.

First, where did government create the problem. From all indications the problem was created by the airlines scheduling more flights than the airports can handle. What happens when too many flights are scheduled? Some are delayed. The government merely instructed airlines to schedule according to airport capacity. Why is that a problem?

Second, what do you mean by "allowing airlines to protect their passengers" and what does this have to do with flight delays. Again, I haven't seen anything suggesting that safety regulations have caused flight delays. Maybe they have. I don't know. But, surely there is evidence of this if it is the case.

First, where did government create the problem. From all indications the problem was created by the airlines scheduling more flights than the airports can handle. What happens when too many flights are scheduled? Some are delayed. The government merely instructed airlines to schedule according to airport capacity. Why is that a problem?

Second, what do you mean by "allowing airlines to protect their passengers" and what does this have to do with flight delays. Again, I haven't seen anything suggesting that safety regulations have caused flight delays. Maybe they have. I don't know. But, surely there is evidence of this if it is the case.

This is the latest problem. There are numerous issues, poor management of atc and the local airports, extra security requirements, anti trust restrictions prohibiting collabarotive efforts between the arilines, municipal governments prohibiting flights to certain hours, government roadblocks to the construction of more airports, etc., etc...

Back