Great Comedians of the past.

My introduction to the Marx Bros. was a tape which had Room Service, Duck Soup, A Night in Casablanca, and Love Happy. Must have been a TCM marathon or something. Anyway, Room Service sucks, but the others are all great. I have never been able to appreciate Duck Soup the way so many critics and film connoisseurs do, but it's still classic. The Casablanca parody, which generated a litigation threat from WB at the time, is my dad's favorite (I'm torn between it and A Night at the Opera), and I recommend it to everyone here. If you are to watch just one Marx Bros movie in your life, grab A Night in Casablanca. Marilyn Monroe's first film credit was her brief cameo in Love Happy.

My introduction to the Marx Bros. was a tape which had Room Service, Duck Soup, A Night in Casablanca, and Love Happy. Must have been a TCM marathon or something. Anyway, Room Service sucks, but the others are all great. I have never been able to appreciate Duck Soup the way so many critics and film connoisseurs do, but it's still classic. The Casablanca parody, which generated a litigation threat from WB at the time, is my dad's favorite (I'm torn between it and A Night at the Opera), and I recommend it to everyone here. If you are to watch just one Marx Bros movie in your life, grab A Night in Casablanca. Marilyn Monroe's first film credit was her brief cameo in Love Happy.

Most of the MB films were great ...but Duck Soup is hard to beat compared to the rest of their work IMHO...

Carlin might have been, but "Red" Skelton loved America. :D

Why do you think he was called "Red"?
redskelton.jpg

Back