Greatest style of beer

Greatest Style of Beer

• American Pale Lager (Eg. Yuengling Premium)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • American Red Lager (Eg. Killians Irish Red)

• California Steam (Eg. Anchor Steam)

• Marzen/Oktoberfest (Eg. Sam Adams Oktoberfest)

• Schwarzbier (smoke beer) (Eg. Sam Adams Black Lager)

• American Red Ale (Eg. Fat Tire Amber Ale)

• Double IPA (Eg. Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA)

• Double Imperial Stout (Eg. Founders Breakfest Stout)

• Porter (Eg. Sierra Nevada Porter)

• Black & Tan (Eg. Mississippi Mud)

• Chile Beer (Eg. Rogue Chipotle Ale)

• Cream Ale (Eg. Genesee Gream Ale)

• Rye Beer (Eg. Founders Reds Rye PA)

• Belgian Dubble (Eg. Chimay Red)

• Lambic (I couldn't find a readily recognizable example)

• Belgian Tripple (Eg. Chimay White)

• Belgian Quad (Eg. Smuttynose Gravitation)

• Saison (Eg. Smuttynose Farmhouse Ale)

• Witbier (Eg. Bluemoon Belgian White)

• English Bitter (Honkers Ale)

• India Pale Ale (Eg. Sierra Nevada IPA)

• ESB (Eg. Fullers ESB)

• Milk Stout (Eg. Sam Adams Cream Stout, Youngs Double Chocolate)

• Oatmeal Stout (Eg. Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout)

• Russian Imperial Stout (Eg. Stone Imperial Stout)

• Winter Warmer (Eg. Sam Adams Old Fezziwig Ale)

• Sahti (Eg. Dogfish Head Sah'tea)

• Hefeweizen (Eg. Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier)

• Kolsch (Eg. Alaskan Summer Ale)

• Irish Red Ale (Eg. Smithicks)

• Scottish Gruit (Eg. Gothic Ale)

• Total voters
Only beer I've ever had here is Guinness.

Guinness is a better start than 99% of humanity gets. I started with Coors and then Becks, both of which suck, but at least Coors is great find in the realm of lights.

You should consider becoming a beer snob, since you're off to such a great start!! Many would say you started with the best, anyway...

I am legion troll and I'm queer for Yurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Yurt; Today at 06:04 PM.

Alaskan Amber, so Altbier, bitches!! I'm disappointed to learn that Killians is American and not Irish (I like it though...).

I just had my first Bittberger last night. It was actually pretty good.

IPAs suck BTW, but I can at least respect them, unlike lights...
Oh does the hops bover your wittle tongue? Killians? That is completely NOT an irish red, it has no where near the malt an Irish Red is supposed to, Bittberger is ok on a hot day when you are real thirsty. Maybe you should just stick with some Mike's hard Lemon or Bartles and James. LOL. Just messin' with you 3D

Oh does the hops bover your wittle tongue? Killians? That is completely NOT an irish red, it has no where near the malt an Irish Red is supposed to, Bittberger is ok on a hot day when you are real thirsty. Maybe you should just stick with some Mike's hard Lemon or Bartles and James. LOL. Just messin' with you 3D
I would suggest that the author of this poll is biased towards IPA's and Stouts, not that there is anything wrong with them. Made right their excellent beverages. But I say he's giving short shrift to cold lagered beers. Not a single Pilsner on his list. For shame!

And before you style nazi's get on my back, Guiness is me #2 pick :p

But on a hot summer day like today, I like my pilsner beer. served about 40 deg.

I would suggest that the author of this poll is biased towards IPA's and Stouts, not that there is anything wrong with them. Made right their excellent beverages. But I say he's giving short shrift to cold lagered beers. Not a single Pilsner on his list. For shame!

And before you style nazi's get on my back, Guiness is me #2 pick :p

But on a hot summer day like today, I like my pilsner beer. served about 40 deg.
Pilsners are a style of Lager. I have several lagers on my list.

There's nothing more in the world I hate than beer snobs. They're like audiophiles, claiming that there is a difference between to indistinguishable audio sources and criticizing me for bad hearing when I can't spot the imaginary difference that only exists in their head because of the placebo effect.
Except, there IS a difference between all these beers. Significant differences at that.

Except, there IS a difference between all these beers. Significant differences at that.
You both have good points. Billy you're point is true in that there's a vast difference between a lager, an IPA and stout. Skidmark, your point is valid in that if we were to have Billy do a blindfold taste test I doubt he could tell the difference between Budweiser, Coors and Stella Artois.

You both have good points. Billy you're point is true in that there's a vast difference between a lager, an IPA and stout. Skidmark, your point is valid in that if we were to have Billy do a blindfold taste test I doubt he could tell the difference between Budweiser, Coors and Stella Artois.
Already done it, except replace Stella with Miller.

coors is not beer...it is water artificially flavored with beer made from concentrated crap

You mean malt extract? Everyone but the most dedicated homebrewer uses malt extract. There's little flavor difference.

Coors is certainly brewed. All beers are brewed. It just has less malt and more sugar to make it more ethanol and less other stuff, so that you get more alcohol without as many empty calories. Of course, you need malt, otherwise the brewing would take forever because the sugar provides no nutrition. Mead without any additives can literally take a year to brew, since honey is basically a sugar without any yeast nutrients.

Alaskan Amber, so Altbier, bitches!! I'm disappointed to learn that Killians is American and not Irish (I like it though...).

I just had my first Bittberger last night. It was actually pretty good.

IPAs suck BTW, but I can at least respect them, unlike lights...
Killians is made by Coors.

Back