Greetings all!

Several years ago, lefties on JPP were angry about conservatives ruining their threads with differing opinions.

Using the Ignore function wasn't enough for them.

They demanded a new mechanism that would allow them to block conservatives from their threads altogether.

As you've probably figured out by now, what the lefties wanted was a mechanism that allowed them to block conservatives without letting the conservatives "return the favor", so to speak.

I appreciate the background story; thank you. I can't help but notice that while you paint the feature as something "demanded by the lefties," it appears you have no qualms using this tool yourself. Given that I have no history with you, and no negative reputation with this forum, am I correct that you banned me from your thread in order to prevent me from ... in your words ... "ruining your thread with differing opinions?"

Hello Djinn,

I appreciate the background story; thank you. I can't help but notice that while you paint the feature as something "demanded by the lefties," it appears you have no qualms using this tool yourself. Given that I have no history with you, and no negative reputation with this forum, am I correct that you banned me from your thread in order to prevent me from ... in your words ... "ruining your thread with differing opinions?"

The threadban feature is useless. I am a rare polite poster here, so the concept interested me. I tried it for a while. It didn't work out.

The threadban feature is ineffective because trolls developed a work-around. They simply create a new thread with nearly the same title, maybe change one character in the title, then repeatedly post to it so it always comes out on top of the list. The original thread gets scrolled out of sight.

Threadbanning was a nice idea, but without more moderation and a rule to prevent copy-cat threads, the feature is useless.

The Ignore feature is effective enough. It simply relegates the user to scroll through multitudes of Ignored Post place holders.

It would be nice if those could simply be turned off, but we don't have that feature.

If you want to be a polite poster around here, you have to accept that you'll need to aggressively manage a large and ever-growing Ignore List, and you will be doing a lot of scrolling past "Ignored Poster" place holders.

Most people don't want to be bothered with those chores, so we get a lot of nice people who poke in, see how nasty it is, and promptly leave. The lack of rules pretty much guarantees the site will gather all of the trolls and misfits who got thrown out of other chat rooms. It also reduces the moderation duties because squabbles over trolling and abuse hardly exist here. It's almost all allowed.

The upside to all of that is it produces a very active site.

I have found there are a lot of people who seem to enjoy telling off the trolls, sometimes in very nasty terms, but then the same people are able to engage in polite conversation if they trust the other to not sucker-punch them. I've built a lot of friends over the years who are quite cordial to me, but have no qualms about totally unloading on the trolls.

This reflects our changing society where it is now 'cool' to use 'acceptable' profanity, but only in certain circumstances. Other settings demand that one reverts to civil respectable discourse. Mature people know the difference. Others don't seem to grasp the concept.

Last edited:
I stand corrected then. So what was your motivation to use this feature that you were apparently against?

Are you under the impression that I owe you a justification for my personal choices?

Nevertheless, I will deign to set your mind at ease. Check your inbox.

... The threadban feature is ineffective because trolls developed a work-around. They simply create a new thread with nearly the same title, maybe change one character in the title, then repeatedly post to it so it always comes out on top of the list. The original thread gets scrolled out of sight.
This was my first thought ... I didn't want to bring it up because as a newcomer, it's not my place to badmouth how other forums operate. Especially when I'm acutely aware that our own forum is a long, long way from perfect.

... If you want to be a polite poster around here, you have to accept that you'll need to aggressively manage a large and ever-growing Ignore List, and you will be doing a lot of scrolling past "Ignored Poster" place holders.
Oy. Well, good to be forewarned, I suppose. Thank you.

I have found there are a lot of people who seem to enjoy telling off the trolls, sometimes in very nasty terms, but then the same people are able to engage in polite conversation if they trust the other to not sucker-punch them. I've built a lot of friends over the years who are quite cordial to me, but have no qualms about totally unloading on the trolls.

This reflects our changing society where it is now 'cool' to use 'acceptable' profanity, but only in certain circumstances. Other settings demand that one reverts to civil respectable discourse. Mature people know the difference. Others don't seem to grasp the concept.
A respectable observation; I thank you again for your insights.

Does this help?

Does this?

"Members banned from this thread: Cypress, FUCK THE POLICE, Jarod, Mott the Hoople, blackascoal, Legion Fag, evince, ZappasGuitar, signalmankenneth, Phantasmal, Rune, Althea, moon, iolo, Mr.Badguy, jet57, danielpalos, Bill, domer76, qmuddy2, archives, Guille, Nomad, Micawber, crowonapost, CASPER, floridafan, Mr.Mason, ThatOwlWoman, Tranquillus in Exile, katzgar, Lesion, Jade Dragon, Nordberg, Crazy Cat Lady, Bourbon, Frank Apisa, volsrock, PoliTalker, rjhenn, guno, Tacomaman, Jack, LV426, Old Trapper, NiftyNiblick, Charoite, Poor Richard Saunders, StoneByStone, David Jeffrey Spetch, John Barron, WalterWilson, Mason?, Port Tack, Cinnabar, gemini104104, Iolo/Penderyn, Trumpet, saltydancin, ]2epo]v[an, Trump's Brain, Jerome, Walt, AProudLefty, Dutch Uncle, TexanManWithPlans, Geeko Sportivo, Gamewell45, Concart, serenity, Matt Dillon, ParachuteAdams, martin, acoddo, Diesel, Sally Stockings, RedStone7476, jakemax, War=Peace, Whythink, Hoosier Daddy, no worries, tigerred59, LeftTurnClyde, American Man, jonathahorth1234, Common Sense, litrla, captain ern, hdphotolover, goat and BeBestBiden"

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...funnies-a-JPP-tradition&p=4396528#post4396528

Last edited:
Djinn is a "council" member at PH who protected a moderator "rassales" who doxxed me to other members davocrat and idiocarat, idiocarat is a banned member's sock they allow to continue to post there you know him here now as inkslinger, you know, the guy doxing me what 5 times now? seems fair, I know right?

They banned me for "staff abuse" because I stood up and fought for them to do the right thing and ban those harassing me and sharing my personal information. as you can see he runs a shitty little clique site that allows certain members to stalk and cyber harass other members. He's only here now because of me, more of the stalking and harassing I have been dealing with for months.

PH used to be much better when it was fair, they then purged all the RW mods and the site turned into a lw echo chamber where the mods gang up on RW posters. I led an exodus of over 50 members from the site and that really stung djinn I guess.

Anyway, seems PH simply can't quit me.

Go fuck yourself, Djinn.

PH must have some pretty strict moderation if it's been around since '05 and has such low volume.

It's a slippery slope. If there is excessive moderation, it results in low volume of posts. That makes it hard to build more participation.

If there is little moderation, it results in lots of trolling, but the volume of posts generated by flame wars makes a chat board pretty active.

Let's check it out...

Yup. Guessed it:

"You agree to not use this website to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, ..."

That would rule out 95% of the posts at JPP and relegate it to being a similar low-volume site.

So the owner "Chip" uses the forum to datamine user information and shares your contributions with spam houses and other pay to click ad sources, not simple google ad words, but nefarious types of shit. Last scan there were over 25 different revenue generating plugins in place at ph. It used to be higher volume but they decided to purge the balance on staff and abuse non lw posters. I led an exodus of over 90% of the right wing members, it was a two week pause, they started to adress the issue then doubled down. We left for good.

Now for some reason, djinn just happens to be here? hmmmmmmm. inkslinger just happens to be here? Seems PH really misses me. lol

Not especially. I've only been on the site for a day - not nearly long enough to have pissed of anyone significantly. And I don't think any of my posts qualify as trolling or "assholish."

Did I break some rule of which I was unaware?

You don't have to do anything beyond exist to be threadbanned, it's up to the OP.

Filed Under: Entitlement.

iu

Djinn is a "council" member at PH who protected a moderator "rassales" who doxxed me to other members davocrat and idiocarat, idiocarat is a banned member's sock they allow to continue to post there you know him here now as inkslinger, you know, the guy doxing me what 5 times now? seems fair, I know right?

They banned me for "staff abuse" because I stood up and fought for them to do the right thing and ban those harassing me and sharing my personal information. as you can see he runs a shitty little clique site that allows certain members to stalk and cyber harass other members. He's only here now because of me, more of the stalking and harassing I have been dealing with for months.

PH used to be much better when it was fair, they then purged all the RW mods and the site turned into a lw echo chamber where the mods gang up on RW posters. I led an exodus of over 50 members from the site and that really stung djinn I guess.

Anyway, seems PH simply can't quit me.

Go fuck yourself, Djinn.

AT FIRST I WONDERED IF THERE WAS A CONNECTION BETWEEN JEN SAKI AND THIS DJINN FELLOW UNTIL I FOUND THIS:

Jinn (Arabic: جن‎, jinn)—also romanized as djinn or anglicized as genie (with the broader meaning of spirit or demon, depending on source)[1][2]—are supernatural creatures in early pre-Islamic Arabian and later Islamic mythology and theology.[3] Like humans, they are created with fitra, neither born as believers nor as unbelievers, but their attitude depends on whether they accept God's guidance.[3] Since jinn are neither innately evil nor innately good, Islam acknowledged spirits from other religions, and was able to adapt spirits from other religions during its expansion. Jinn are not a strictly Islamic concept; they may represent several pagan beliefs integrated into Islam.[a][5]

In an Islamic context, the term jinn is used for both a collective designation for any supernatural creature and also to refer to a specific type of supernatural creature.[6] Therefore, jinn are often mentioned together with devils/demons (shayāṭīn). Both devils and jinn feature in folklore and are held responsible for misfortune, possession and diseases. However, the jinn are sometimes supportive and benevolent. They are mentioned frequently in magical works throughout the Islamic world, to be summoned and bound to a sorcerer, but also in zoological treatises as animals with a subtle body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

Hello JPP -

I'm a staff member from Political Hotwire. I occasionally join other forums to get insights into how other forums are run with an eye toward improving our own processes and policies.

Also, I have a question for a staff member, but there seems to be a ten-post minimum for sending PMs. I've no interest in spamming nine posts to circumvent this, and would be grateful if someone might waive this understandable restriction.

Run while you have the chance.

They banned me for "staff abuse" because I stood up and fought for them to do the right thing and ban those harassing me and sharing my personal information. as you can see he runs a shitty little clique site that allows certain members to stalk and cyber harass other members. He's only here now because of me, more of the stalking and harassing I have been dealing with for months. .....
Oh Jits! The hero always standing up for doing the right thing! /sarcasm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dude, if you weren't lying all the time, you'd have nothing to say.

Back