Grim Setback in the War on Christmas

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/12/airport.christmas.trees.ap/index.html

"Pat Davis, president of the Port of Seattle commission, which directs airport operations, said late Monday that maintenance staff would restore the 14 plastic holiday trees, festooned with red ribbons and bows, that were removed over the weekend because of a rabbi's complaint that holiday decor did not include a menorah"

:eek: :shock: :mad:

I think that a rabbi complaining about the lack of a menorah is a reasonable complaint... how tough would it have been for the aiport to get a big candelabra with eight candles?

And we also need something for the Muslims, Buddists, poision snakes for the snake handling Christians, etc....

I think that a rabbi complaining about the lack of a menorah is a reasonable complaint... how tough would it have been for the aiport to get a big candelabra with eight candles?

I think threatening a lawsuit was a bit over the top. I think a letter and a menorah donation would have probably sufficed.

why are taxes devoted to spending money on stuff like this anyways?? Airports are where you go for travel, its not to have it look all pretty and festive during the holiday season... tax dollars are for the running of our economy and to fund things like airports roads etc... i really don't see how holiday trees are necessary for our government to function.

Bah! Fruitcake eating surrender monkeys! We must press on with the War on Christmas until not a cathedral is left standing! Have they no respect for our brave troops?

Nope, we will press on with the war on pagan holidays until the Christmas trees are banned everywhere because they are not spoken of in the bible.

Ohh so you will be one of those black market tree people huh ?
Oh well the CTEA (Christmas Tree Enforcement Agancy) will come and get ya.

Wait....hard-core jews are now waging the war on christmas??!!!

Why it was just yesterday, Bill O'Reilly told me the war on christmas was the fault of secular humanists.

Man, this war on christmas is becoming a quagmire. I don't know who were fighting: secular insurgents, or jewish sectarian militias. We need a phased redeploment, to get out of this mess.

The PORT did the wrong thing, instead of taking the Christmas tree down, they should have put up a menora imo....the ruling 27 years ago when this was litigated, said that the menora which is an alternative to the Christmas tree during this particular holiday season, when requested, should be displayed too....

NOT FOR THE places to take down the Christmas trees....

Leaning, you need to take your tree to the TCA / 451 division, They will spray your tree for free with a flame accelerant to ensure complete combustion if it is used with electric lights.

Leaning, you need to take your tree to the TCA / 451 division, They will spray your tree for free with a flame accelerant to ensure complete combustion if it is used with electric lights.

Cool. We're so backwards here that we still use candles. Reckon they'd make it "combust?" ;)

Damned media ....never reports any GOOD news in the WOC.

We will prevail...I, for one, will not give up until we achieve VICTORY!

You have to win the hearts and minds of the populace...

I noticed that Kissinger has said that there will be no military victory in the WOC... Are you ready to give up yet?

"I noticed that Kissinger has said that there will be no military victory in the WOC... Are you ready to give up yet?"

We're not going to give in to the "cut & run" surrender monkeys. We HAVE to prevail; anything less would give the enemies who actually enjoy the holidays a great victory...

"I noticed that Kissinger has said that there will be no military victory in the WOC... Are you ready to give up yet?"

We're not going to give in to the "cut & run" surrender monkeys. We HAVE to prevail; anything less would give the enemies who actually enjoy the holidays a great victory...
Rhetoric and wasted lives... Your leader has lied you into the war on Christmas and has botched it so badly that there never will be any consensus and the hearts and minds are forever lost to you... It must taste like ashes...

Back