Grinds topic of the day: herb gardens (e.g. basil)

Have you ever known a hooker/whore/prostitute as just a friend? Ya know? Just two friends in different lines of business?

Not that I was aware of, no. Guess they're just ppl trying to make a living like everyone else, only in a different field so to speak. Too bad we can't stop being all puritanical about it and make it legal.

I know. Al-yew-min-ee-um. I kinda like that.
-

Call us old fashioned but -ium is an ending for many elements especially metals. Magnesium, chromium, sodium, potassium, lithium, thallium, radium, iridium, osmium, palladium, rhodium, titanium, uranium; polonium, thorium and beryllium to name a few!

Call us old fashioned but -ium is an ending for many elements especially metals. Magnesium, chromium, sodium, potassium, lithium, thallium, radium, iridium, osmium, palladium, rhodium, titanium, uranium; polonium, thorium and beryllium to name a few!
But not carbon, fluoride, iron or Freon?

But not carbon, fluoride, iron or Freon?

I think you mean fluorine! Anyway they are historic names for elements. Apart from exceptions like tantalum and the American spelling for aluminium, the majority of metals discovered in the 19th century and beyond end in -ium. Let's hear it for Californium, Americurium, Einsteinium, Cerium, Samarium, Neptunium, Fermium, Dysprosium, Terbium, Holmium, Berkelium, Yttrium, Ytterbium, Erbium.

Last edited:
Back