Guess

Ah hah...

It just donned on me after checking beefy's profile...gotta be Poker!!! albeit I can't really relate to it as a sport anymore than I do Chess!!!;)

It just donned on me after checking beefy's profile...gotta be Poker!!! albeit I can't really relate to it as a sport anymore than I do Chess!!!;)

Yes it is poker, and poker is a sport. Not in the classical sense, but it does require immense endurance, physical prowess, composure, the ability to manage stress, clarity for torturous amounts of time, and acute composure of the body. And for foreigners to come to the US to play poker for a living requires the same visa as any other athlete.

Yes it is poker, and poker is a sport. Not in the classical sense, but it does require immense endurance, physical prowess, composure, the ability to manage stress, clarity for torturous amounts of time, and acute composure of the body. And for foreigners to come to the US to play poker for a living requires the same visa as any other athlete.

if poker is a sport then chess is a sport.......and neither is a sport

Poker is more of an addiction than a sport.

Why would gamblers anonymous exist otherwise ?

There's an element of risk in poker, but ultimately it is a sport of skill. Gambler's anonymous is not full of poker players, but gamblers who are incapable of controlling their betting. Poker is not a game of chance, it is a game of skill with an ELEMENT of chance, and necessary prowess of the body.

Back