Guinness is a drink for little girls

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I bought a six-pack of Guinness, drank the entire thing, and was barely even drunk. I honestly got more drunk off of a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade I bought once, and I didn't get drunk off of that. This is not a drink for men.

Guinness isn't to get you drunk.

Then they should take the alcohol out. Nevertheless, it should theoretically have the same alcohol content as light beers, and I've got drunker off of light beers. It's weird how two drinks that should theoretically have the same ABV can get you drunk differently.

I bought a six-pack of Guinness, drank the entire thing, and was barely even drunk. I honestly got more drunk off of a six pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade I bought once, and I didn't get drunk off of that. This is not a drink for men.

If getting drunk is your only goal, buy a bottle of everclear.

Guinness is proof God loves us and wants us happy.

Guinness is ok. It's not great, even in its specific beer class. Why it has this mystical cult following, I have no idea.

Then they should take the alcohol out. Nevertheless, it should theoretically have the same alcohol content as light beers, and I've got drunker off of light beers. It's weird how two drinks that should theoretically have the same ABV can get you drunk differently.

It has to do with body of the beer. Light beer, being light, does not have much to inhibit alcohol transmission. Guinness, being liquid bread, does. Even if you consume the same amount in the same time period, the difference in chemistry will affect how drunk you get.

Guinness doesn't even taste particularly good. Getting drunk is not my only goal, however, I do expect to at least get drunk. That is a minimum qualification for an alcohol beverage of any taste and quality. Let us not forget that these things have a purpose.

Guinness is ok. It's not great, even in its specific beer class. Why it has this mystical cult following, I have no idea.

people like feeling irish

also I think it fits more into an "elitest" beer category for people that don't know a lot about beer, or drink a lot of bud light etc

That said, I don't think it's a bad beer, but I would agree it's overrated.

also I think it fits more into an "elitest" beer category for people that don't know a lot about beer, or drink a lot of bud light etc

I don't think it's bad, but it's certainly not the end-all be-all of beers.

It has to do with body of the beer. Light beer, being light, does not have much to inhibit alcohol transmission. Guinness, being liquid bread, does. Even if you consume the same amount in the same time period, the difference in chemistry will affect how drunk you get.
What?! That's complete and total nonsense! If the alcohol is in solution (and it most definately is in any beer) and at the same concentration it will absorb through the lumen of the stomach at the same rate of diffusion regardless of what style of beer you're drinking.

That's anecdotal evidence. Do you know for a fact that that they have the same alcohol content and using your own perception (which by the way is being altered by the consumption of said alcohol) is hardly an objective measure.

Guinness doesn't even taste particularly good. Getting drunk is not my only goal, however, I do expect to at least get drunk. That is a minimum qualification for an alcohol beverage of any taste and quality. Let us not forget that these things have a purpose.
Try dropping a shot of expersso vodka in it.

I do believe, and our UK friends can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Guiness that is imported into the US is of a lower ABV than what is distributed in the UK and there for of a lower quality than in the UK.

Back