Guinness is a drink for little girls

does your wife know of your preference... ;)
Oh she knows I'd prefer her over Guiness. I like beer....but not that much. Speak of the devil. I came home from work last night and my wife modled this skin tight blue lace cocktail dress and black 4" heels she's going to wear to a family wedding next weekend. WOW!!! I about fell out of my chair. I'm a very lucky man. :)

Oh she knows I'd prefer her over Guiness. I like beer....but not that much. Speak of the devil. I came home from work last night and my wife modled this skin tight blue lace cocktail dress and black 4" heels she's going to wear to a family wedding next weekend. WOW!!! I about fell out of my chair. I'm a very lucky man. :)

She is smart, she knows she has to let you see before you go or you wouldn't make it to the event!

That's anecdotal evidence. Do you know for a fact that that they have the same alcohol content and using your own perception (which by the way is being altered by the consumption of said alcohol) is hardly an objective measure.

They do, or at least within .2%

I do believe, and our UK friends can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Guiness that is imported into the US is of a lower ABV than what is distributed in the UK and there for of a lower quality than in the UK.

No, it's the same stuff. They do have an export stout, but it is not the same label. I've been there and had it about as fresh as can be. Difference isn't that vast and ABV is the same. Stop buying into stupid myths Mott.

No, it's the same stuff. They do have an export stout, but it is not the same label. I've been there and had it about as fresh as can be. Difference isn't that vast and ABV is the same. Stop buying into stupid myths Mott.

Mutt is from Ohio... he cannot help it... stupid is as as stupid does

I do believe, and our UK friends can correct me if I'm wrong, but the Guiness that is imported into the US is of a lower ABV than what is distributed in the UK and there for of a lower quality than in the UK.

I have tried Guinness in quite a few countries and it is not the same as you get in Blighty. I only tried it once in the US many moons ago and wasn't impressed. They sell it on draught in Thailand and it is far too sweet.

What?! That's complete and total nonsense! If the alcohol is in solution (and it most definately is in any beer) and at the same concentration it will absorb through the lumen of the stomach at the same rate of diffusion regardless of what style of beer you're drinking.

Well then how do you explain the differing affects of alcohol in various beer styles despite the same ABV?

GUINNESS IS DRINK OF BURLY LESBIAN, NOT DRINK OF MAN.

IVAN DRINK THIS WHEN VODKA RATION COUPONS RUN OUT
aftershave.jpg

I have tried Guinness in quite a few countries and it is not the same as you get in Blighty. I only tried it once in the US many moons ago and wasn't impressed. They sell it on draught in Thailand and it is far too sweet.

Guinness is one of those brews that simply does not travel. Locally brewed stuff is just about OK but it is a different drinking experience to the one you get in Dublin.
Indeed the Guiness in England used not to be a patch on the Dublin product.
Now, of course the company is part of Diageo and, if memory serves, the other half, grand Met, has never been known for its individualism so I suspect that the brand is aquiring a certain sameness.
There is no drink that has the taste and character of a perfectly poured glass served by a pretty Colleen in the bar of the Burlington. It is not a question of masculinity, it is a question of maturity. The maturity that enables a man or a lady, to enjoy and appreciate, the years of skill and tradition that slowly, oh so slowly fills each glass. (Sleeve - NEVER a tankard BTW)

Jeez. I should write copy for this stuff!

Back