Gun permits for the blind? Iowa grants them, stirs debate?!!

first there are people that are "legally blind" that can still see a little bit.

My great uncle is "legally" blind, can't really read or watch tv, but he can move around and avoid walls without a cane, he can still see rough shapes. He knows when a person is in front of him or not. He should be able to have a gun, he would still be able to locate a target.

And for those that have no vision at all, they can still hear their assailant, they can still feel the vibrations of where they are on the floor, they have a better chance with a gun than without one. I support guns for the blind whole heartedly, especially given how small of a % of the population they represent anyway. It will not be an epidemic or some large social problem if a very small segment of our populace can be armed.

It currently legal and blind people can shoot for sport even.

sounding targets beeping for them.

the handicapped should not be treated differently than other citizens.

now you can go back to pretending Im a partisan who does whatever Im told

We deny drivers' licenses to people with epilepsy because if they have a fit while driving they can injure others.

But what the fuck? you want blind people wandering the streets with guns shooting any time they hear a sound that seems threatening - go for it. I don't give a fuck. They'll probably still kill fewer people than the zimmermans of the world.

We deny drivers' licenses to people with epilepsy because if they have a fit while driving they can injure others.
Driving isn't a right. Travel is. If driving were the only available means of travel, then it's a right. But it's not. But that DOES illustrate what I mean about you. You're all for denying people rights on the basis that YOU FEEL it's unsafe. Nevermind if there is evidence to support or confirm your position, you didn't need any (and won't be swayed by any) because you're using your emotions to dictate how you think things should be. And by doing so you establish the precedent for others to do the exact same.
But what the fuck? you want blind people wandering the streets with guns shooting any time they hear a sound that seems threatening - go for it. I don't give a fuck. They'll probably still kill fewer people than the zimmermans of the world.
Yes, the 0 so far is more than 1 for Zimmerman. Not that it has anything to do with anything except your appeal to emotion, because that's all you have. Not facts, because again, those don't matter to your heartstrings.

I have to admit, even though I know we have certifiable nutballs here, I didn't think anyone would actually defend giving guns to actual blind people.

Get help today.

its legal and they are full citizens.

they can target shoot with beeping targets.

they can still protect themselves with the gun.

you can hear someone and shoot them at clse range if they refuse to stop

cool. I am glad you have seen things our way. I expect you to not take up this issue again, now that you are in agreement that the blind having guns is a very small problem at best, and for all intents and purposes is a non-issue.

its legal and they are full citizens.

they can target shoot with beeping targets.

they can still protect themselves with the gun.

you can hear someone and shoot them at clse range if they refuse to stop

thank you desh, for being a supporter of facts this time. Appreciate it.

It's good to know that you will not always need to agree with darla and crew, and that you have your own mind.

Keep on rocking.

Back