Halliburton to Move Headquarters to Middle East Hub of Dubai

uscitizen

Villified User
Halliburton to Move Headquarters to Middle East Hub of Dubai

Monday, March 12, 2007

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Oil services giant Halliburton Co. (HAL) will soon shift its corporate headquarters from Houston to the Mideast financial powerhouse of Dubai, chief executive Dave Lesar announced Sunday.

"Halliburton is opening its corporate headquarters in Dubai while maintaining a corporate office in Houston," spokeswoman Cathy Mann said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "The chairman, president and CEO will office from and be based in Dubai to run the company from the UAE."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258274,00.html

Could this Haliburton move be happening to avoid prosecution ?
And will we allow a company based there to still provide food and such for our troops ?

Could this Haliburton move be happening to avoid prosecution ?
And will we allow a company based there to still provide food and such for our troops ?

More likely to avoid taxes and get some cheaper labor......but that's just a guess, and not an educated one at that.

The estimate is $2.7 billion lost and unaccounted for of tax payers money given to them for services in Iraq that they DID NOT DO....

I am uncertain if they can avoid prosecution by moving their headquarters there....

only usa based companies were allowed to get Iraq contracts////how will they get around this...? Or they see the writing on the wall....they will get no future contracts with their deplorable record of STEALING from us....>?

Sure they are Bush and Cheney wont be president of the US forever. They need to get out of the reach of the law!

They said they are maintaining an Office in Houston, did you not read that part?
To Ashcrofts credit.. Enron, Adelphia and Global Crossing were brought to Justice for Corporate crimes committed in the late 90's.

Although it does not excuse Halliburton's role in misusing contracts and the disappearance of billions of dollars. Hopefully the next Justice Dept. will be as good as the one we had at the beginning of Bush's time ... and bring the wrong doers to Justice.

They said they are maintaining an Office in Houston, did you not read that part?
To Ashcrofts credit.. Enron, Adelphia and Global Crossing were brought to Justice for Corporate crimes committed in the late 90's.

Although it does not excuse Halliburton's role in misusing contracts and the disappearance of billions of dollars. Hopefully the next Justice Dept. will be as good as the one we had at the beginning of Bush's time ... and bring the wrong doers to Justice.

Maybe this is why Bush wanted to fire all 98 Unites States District Attoreneys.

Maybe this is why Bush wanted to fire all 98 Unites States District Attoreneys.

congrats :clink: You are catching on.
Now if more would. Regans 11th commandment fueled the culture of corruption in the Republican party, and promoted extreme partisanship.

I like it, I expect Dubai to become a major terrorist target anyway :clink:
I do too.

The real struggle here is within Islam and the Arab world, not between Islamists and "Western" culture. We are a convenient distraction and safety valve. So long as we are convenient targets, we will draw their fire, as it were. Eventually, though, it's going to come down to Muslim against Muslim. Not just Shi'ite against Sunni but Islamist against moderate and secular Muslims.

And Muslims don't get much more secular than the UAE.

they are staying as a Delaware incorporated company, thus still US.
They are moving their headquarters to Dubai because that's closer to Iraq, I think they actually know how long we will be there.
Also several Middle East countries are opening up to American service companies. The domestic oil industry has been declining 5% a year since the 70%.

they are staying as a Delaware incorporated company, thus still US.
They are moving their headquarters to Dubai because that's closer to Iraq, I think they actually know how long we will be there.
Also several Middle East countries are opening up to American service companies. The domestic oil industry has been declining 5% a year since the 70%.
But the oil companys profits are not declining :D

Multi-national corporations hold no allegiance to any nation. Why would this move be a surprise to anybody?

It is no suprise to me.
But why should the US govt support them with contracts and not spend our tax dollars on domestic companies that would boost our economy and jobs ?

Libs have been attacking this company for years and now they are upset because it is moving? LOL They should be happy now.

Back