Happy Robert E. Lee Day!

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
I can't imagine why three southern states decided to make a Robert E. Lee day, to coincide with the national MLK holiday.

Probably just coincidence.

MLK and Gen. Lee honored Monday in Ark.

Arkansas Remains 1 of Few States to Honor Robert E. Lee on Martin Luther King Day

JON GAMBRELL
AP News

Jan 21, 2008 05:46 EST

While the nation honors the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday, three states celebrate another man as well.

In Arkansas, Alabama and Mississippi, the slain civil rights leader shares a state holiday with Robert E. Lee, commanding officer of the Confederate Army.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/MLK_and_Gen_Lee_honored_Monday_in_A_01212008.html

I see, he was born on the 19th and it gets "celebrated" the following Monday. King was born the 15th and that one gets celebrated the following Monday.

They recognized it back in 1947, King was much more recent.

one of those southern states (tennesse?) has a Nathan Bedford Forrest day. Excellent. A former confederate general and founding member of the KKK.

It doesn't get any better than that.

one of those southern states (tennesse?) has a Nathan Bedford Forrest day. Excellent. A former confederate general and founding member of the KKK.

That's the dude that Forrest Gump was named after.

Hey cippie..........

Change your screen name to 'twistmyster' General Robert E Lee(or any other ex-confederate general)...had absolutely nothing to do with the founding of the KKK!
It was founded by a group of ex-confederate soldiers at the end of the Civil War...1865...This group... no more than twelve in number... and the highest rank was Lt...
And I do believe that the MLK holiday was initiated to co-incide with the REL holiday not the other way around!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Change your screen name to 'twistmyster' General Robert E Lee(or any other ex-confederate general)...had absolutely nothing to do with the founding of the KKK!
It was founded by a group of ex-confederate soldiers at the end of the Civil War...1865...This group... no more than twelve in number... and the highest rank was Lt...
And I do believe that the MLK holiday was initiated to co-incide with the REL holiday not the other way around!:rolleyes:

Well that's odd, being that MLK day was placed on MLK's birthday. Just really odd that he was born on that day. What bad luck.

Thats true...............

Well that's odd, being that MLK day was placed on MLK's birthday. Just really odd that he was born on that day. What bad luck.

However celebrating the holiday on the following Monday was the issue...stay awake grasshopper...;)

Welcome to the club! Beefy, you're in good company. You've joined BB, grind, and Dano, on the never ending mission to prove I "lied".

Hey Grandpa, Nathan Bedford Forrest was a Grand Dragon in the klan.

Welcome to the club! Beefy, you're in good company. You've joined BB, grind, and Dano, on the never ending mission to prove I "lied".

Hey Grandpa, Nathan Bedford Forrest was a Grand Dragon in the klan.

Maybe...but you claimed Confederate Generals started the KKK...you were wrong...now go clean the doggie poop from your dirty little kennel...kay!:cof1:

Neither was engineered to coincide with the other. It just happens they were born close together in January.

And you're not going to have "future wife" btw.

Tomorrow never comes. So she will be my current wife. But it still wouldn't make sense to say it any other way than "future" or "to be."

And treason is good for the soul. Just look at that guy, Robert Hanssen, languishing in federal prison, and featured in last year's movie "Breach," who is obviously going to roast in the afterlife...

Back